Is Starfield The "Dark Horse" Of 2023?

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I have no doubts this will be some piff, I’m expecting mods to really turn this shyt up

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It’s no secret the gaming community is kind of angry at Xbox since Redfall released. It really felt like the straw that broke the camel’s back. For too long Xbox fans have been asked to wait just a little bit longer for the next amazing AAA game, but enough is enough. Redfall was supposed to be that game, and look how that turned out. Now, with Redfall in the rearview mirror (aka the “Uninstalled” bin for most of us), it’s time to look forward to the next big release – Starfield.

If Starfield is a flop or suffers from any kind of major problem – or, y’know, is just not that fun – faith in Xbox’s ability to deliver is going to be further shaken and as a result I imagine heads will roll at Xbox.

Starfield doesn’t deserve this added pressure but it will be the first full-price game that has a chance to change minds about what Xbox is capable of. Initially, in 2021, it felt likeXbox had hit its stride with a great campaign for Halo Infinite, and Game of the Year-winning Forza Horizon 5. But it took almost another year for promised features such as campaign co-op and forge to to be added to Halo’s multiplayer, and that’s after Infinite’s release was delayed a year in the first place. It brought Xbox’s competence to the forefront, especially as Phil Spencer himself said “If we lose our way with Halo, we lose our way with Xbox.” So why did exactly that happen with Xbox’s biggest franchise?

Xbox fans are still longing for a meaty AAA experience exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. Thanks a lot, Redfall.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Phil won't allow this to be the shytshow that Redfall was.

His job has to be in question at this point especially with the chances that the FTC will probably deal the death blow to the Activision Blizzard deal.

I highly doubt the game will be trash. If he can get a 60fps functioning mode working at launch that will be great. It's not going to be the system seller that Spidey 2 will be but just being good is all cats want at this point

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Sony stan’s always “concerned” about xbox games :wow:
Concerned like

michael-jackson-michael.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Phil won't allow this to be the shytshow that Redfall was.

His job has to be in question at this point especially with the chances that the FTC will probably deal the death blow to the Activision Blizzard deal.

I highly doubt the game will be trash. If he can get a 60fps functioning mode working at launch that will be great. It's not going to be the system seller that Spidey 2 will be but just being good is all cats want at this point

The floor for starfield is probably like an 84, unless it just releases straight up broken which i don’t think it will. I dont think reviewers are that harsh on bugs and performance issues as much as people think.

I think it’s yet to be seen if its a GOTG type experience people are making it out to be. Especially with such a packed year