Is Starfield The "Dark Horse" Of 2023?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
2023 might be a legendary year for gaming with all the high-quality games scheduled to release, but I feel like Starfield boom or bust of them all. I know a lot of gamers are down on Starfield & Bethesda right now, but I feel like even if Starfield only lives up to half of its potential, it could be a generation-defining game. I mean, a Bethesda story-driven space game where we can travel to different planets and make our own adventures :ohmy: If they can pull it off it will be the Skyrim effect X1000....I simply can't think of another 2023 game more ambitious than this one. if it hits it will be next level shyt :ohlawd:

Superstar
Daps
I hope it’s everything they say it will be. It’s one of the few I’m excited to learn about and I don’t have an Xbox yet

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It honestly looks like complete ass, but they dont need to do much to make Starfield a good game. Just make Fallout/Skyrim again but with different hub worlds for different planets. Basically a bigger version of Outer Worlds. Obviously they need to update the engine too cause that shyt was way too janky and limiting. That's really all they need to do to make an exceptional game.

Its all the extra shyt that they're doing that sounds concerning (i.e. procedural generation, that shyt only belongs in roguelikes), especially how they prematurely announced sequels to Elder Scrolls and Fallout while mid-development for Starfield. The game is also missing the charm and personality of Fallout, and it kinda looks generic - like, it should be called Space: The Game or something.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Dark horse? It's one of the most anticipated games in a long time. The expectations that Bethesda will deliver are high, and simultaneously the expectations that Bethesda will shyt the bed like 76 all over again are also pretty high. Them calling Starfield their most ambitious game was probably a mistake. Anything less than perfection and stans will trip over themselves to tear the game down.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I was expecting disappointment from Starfield even before that trailer, and now I expect nothing. I’m a sci fi head and an RPG slut, so I’m gonna play it. Just a matter of for how long. Looks pretty uninspired, tbh. Art wise, at least. Doesn’t seem to have much of an identity, but maybe generic sci-fi open world done really well is enough.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
game looked dry as fukk :mjlol:

But you Xbox nikkas is starving so I hope this feeds y’all.
:mjlol: bootleg ass no man sky
It honestly looks like complete ass, but they dont need to do much to make Starfield a good game. Just make Fallout/Skyrim again but with different hub worlds for different planets. Basically a bigger version of Outer Worlds. Obviously they need to update the engine too cause that shyt was way too janky and limiting. That's really all they need to do to make an exceptional game.

Its all the extra shyt that they're doing that sounds concerning (i.e. procedural generation, that shyt only belongs in roguelikes), especially how they prematurely announced sequels to Elder Scrolls and Fallout while mid-development for Starfield. The game is also missing the charm and personality of Fallout, and it kinda looks generic - like, it should be called Space: The Game or something.
Thank you guys for adding to another xbox thread with your high level posting :salute:
Dark horse? It's one of the most anticipated games in a long time. The expectations that Bethesda will deliver are high, and simultaneously the expectations that Bethesda will shyt the bed like 76 all over again are also pretty high. Them calling Starfield their most ambitious game was probably a mistake. Anything less than perfection and stans will trip over themselves to tear the game down.
They are already trying to tear it down because it'll never be on playstation :manny:
But its the most anticipated game in the industry, and when those sales go through the roof?
That and COD will be in gamepass?
Console war over...