Is skyward sword worth getting for the switch?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This shyt getting low reviews as it deserves.

This game was trash then and trash now. There were some who felt that the game would be a 10/10 without motion controls, but in reality the motion controls distracted you from the fact that the rest of the game isn't good either. Recycled worlds/bosses galore, bad combat system, traversal system got old fast, wack story.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This shyt getting low reviews as it deserves.

This game was trash then and trash now. There were some who felt that the game would be a 10/10 without motion controls, but in reality the motion controls distracted you from the fact that the rest of the game isn't good either. Recycled worlds/bosses galore, bad combat system, traversal system got old fast, wack story.

yep, these are the reviews without the new zelda hype blinders on, and even an 82 is higher than it deserves. If not a zelda game it would be a 77 or something

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm thinking about buying the game when it get released for the switch. I want to play another Zelda game while I wait for BOTW2. I've played almost every Zelda game released for the console from N64 to Wii. The first Nintendo console and the Wii u are the only to console I have never own. Is skyward sword a game and worth spending $60 or nah?
If you like Zelda then you have to play it, simple as that. It's an amazing game but like all great games some people will not care for it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This game needed a full-on remake. I mean if it ever goes on sale for $30 like Pikmin 3 did recently then I will get it but for now, I have gotta pass. The controls just seem bad.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I actually was thinking about coppin, but when I played it on Wii U I wasn't too impressed. Nintendo just was lazy with Zelda at the time, thankfully the fans didn't let that slide -- and now we have one of the greatest games of all... Breath Of The Wild.

DonDadda

All Star
Daps
i remember the graphics being bad even for the Wii days. Don't support these low effort releases from Nintendo

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah. Game was severely disappointing. Easily the worst Zelda I have ever played. After the tentacle boss on the ship - i gave up and never cared to play it again.
By the time I reached the point where they had you fetching pumpkin soup for some wack NPC as a main quest, after spending hours fighting the trash controls, I knew what I was playing was pure garbage.

Entire game is fetch quest and frustration with the broken controls. It felt heavily inspired by the two DS zelda games, which were also terrible.

top 3 worst Nintendo games ever and by far the worst zelda game hands down.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
By the time I reached the point where they had you fetching pumpkin soup for some wack NPC as a main quest, after spending hours fighting the trash controls, I knew what I was playing was pure garbage.

Entire game is fetch quest and frustration with the broken controls. It felt heavily inspired by the two DS zelda games, which were also terrible.

top 3 worst Nintendo games ever and by far the worst zelda game hands down.

Yep, it’s clear nintendo had no idea for what to do with this franchise at this point. BOTW really saved zelda from going starfox status

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yep, it’s clear nintendo had no idea for what to do with this franchise at this point. BOTW really saved zelda from going starfox status
I don't think it was the developers that didn't know what to do with the franchise. Nintendo as a company seemed like they were focused on their games selling people on the console hardware gimmicks. Their developers probably didn't know how to designs AAA games around motion controls and weak hardware.

They probably would have made a BOTW type game sooner if they weren't limited on their options with the wii.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
i remember the graphics being bad even for the Wii days. Don't support these low effort releases from Nintendo

You think Nintendo put low effort on skyward sword?

Off topic guys, but I's this the game where the Rios (bird human looking thing) make it's debut in the Zelda series?

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347

Naaaaah you think so? After the super Mario bros I think the Zelda franchise takes 2nd place. It's like the most " for mature audience" franchise out of em all, beside maybe Metroid but I find that game boring...

concise

Veteran
Daps
I'm thinking about buying the game when it get released for the switch. I want to play another Zelda game while I wait for BOTW2. I've played almost every Zelda game released for the console from N64 to Wii. The first Nintendo console and the Wii u are the only to console I have never own. Is skyward sword a game and worth spending $60 or nah?

If you never played it before, go ahead and buy it.

The hate is unwarranted and I think it is better than TP and BOTW.