Is self-checkout a marketing strategy

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When self checkout first started, I used to enter that I took 2 doughnuts in the bag when actually the bag had 6 doughnuts

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Hold up, self checkout was made to not hire/pay cashiers?

And you can easily steal shyt in self checkout?

I never knew that. I thought it was for mfs that didn't feel like smiling and having to small talk with a stranger(cashier) if you don't feel like it. I'll never go through a regular cashier line again if there's a self checkout unless it's a fine cashier or something.

And how you steal at them shyts? Put something in the bag without swiping it? I thought it can tell if the weight don't match all the shyt that was swiped? Let me YouTube stealing at self checkout OP you ain't no help
People are exaggerating about stealing now:russ:
When self checkout first started(back in late 08/Early 09
At least in Houston)..
It was easy as fukk to do so..
There were no cashiers watching it like they do now..
Those cameras are watching you..
With facial recognition..
While they have cashiers hawking you..
Especially in Target:mjpls:
So the people that think they are really busting a move..
Better think again:mjlol:

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
People are exaggerating about stealing now:russ:
When self checkout first started(back in late 08/Early 09
At least in Houston)..
It was easy as fukk to do so..
There were no cashiers watching it like they do now..
Those cameras are watching you..
With facial recognition..
While they have cashiers hawking you..
Especially in Target:mjpls:
So the people that think they are really busting a move..
Better think again:mjlol:
This! Them cameras are out of control at self checkouts, they'll have a camera above you and if you swipe too fast it'll pause the screen and rewind the video of you swiping across the scanner and ask you to check the list for the las item scanned:russ:.

Then if it's a sale and you buy a bunch of the same item like buy 8 tubes of toothpaste cause they on clearance for $0.50 it'll stop and request a cashier override cause they think you stealing:pachaha:

On top of all that the facial recognition is crazy, them facial recognition boxes on the screen be looking like the targeting system from Syphon Filter
InaZ.gif

I always keep my head down even though I dont steal, I dont want to be in nobody's database all like that.:lupe:

killacal

Banned
Daps
This, I just want to buy my stuff and go home. You don’t have to chit chat with me and no I don’t want to sign up for anything. :beli:
I remember when this middle aged white lady was commenting on every food item of mine she scanned

Then had the nerve to asked what I planned on making:hhh:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
This! Them cameras are out of control at self checkouts, they'll have a camera above you and if you swipe too fast it'll pause the screen and rewind the video of you swiping across the scanner and ask you to check the list for the las item scanned:russ:.

Then if it's a sale and you buy a bunch of the same item like buy 8 tubes of toothpaste cause they on clearance for $0.50 it'll stop and request a cashier override cause they think you stealing:pachaha:

On top of all that the facial recognition is crazy, them facial recognition boxes on the screen be looking like the targeting system from Syphon Filter
InaZ.gif

I always keep my head down even though I dont steal, I dont want to be in nobody's database all like that.:lupe:

The Target near me got 4K TVs connected to self checkout and it’s about ten of them

Whole Foods is even more next level especially since Amazon brought them :leon:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I haven’t been to a Walmart in while, but the self checkout at my grocery store knows how much each item weighs. The screen freezes and tells you to remove the item you scanned if it doesn’t match the weight or you added something without scanning.

Daps
The checkouts in my neighborhood have cameras and loud azz sensors. If you don't scan something...everyone within a 15 yard radius can hear it. Plus they have a store manager positioned to watch everyone in the self checkout line.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I am Black.
I ain't self checking out shyt.

I don't even walk in that direction of the store.
plus make sure i don't have shyt in my hand.
or near those style checkout stations.

ain't gon have no racist motherfukker saying i stole a damn thing.

art barr

I am black.
I need my receipt in my hand.
or if i instruct you to put it in the bag.
plus i need someone to know i bought this shyt.
not no fukk ass computer.
tired of this world trying to let computers do everything.
expect these fukk ass large corporations.
corporations are social legacy centers.
they are not a business.

tired of the bullshyt.

art barr