Is Scissoring going mainstream?

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
The Taylor St Claire/Ahmo Hight scissoring from Hotel Exotica gotta be the GOAT softcore scene

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key Swerve and Keith Lee deserve a lot of credit for how over Acclaimed are. Acclaimed have always been over and adding Billy got them more over, but they weren't getting the loudest reactions of the night until the match at All Out. The crowds have continued to treat them like how Chicago did after that match.

They're 'Fandango' over.

Make of that what you will :francis:

Fandango over didn't last this long. And Fandango never had a match like they did at All Out.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Low key Swerve and Keith Lee deserve a lot of credit for how over Acclaimed are. Acclaimed have always been over and adding Billy got them more over, but they weren't getting the loudest reactions of the night until the match at All Out. The crowds have continued to treat them like how Chicago did after that match.

Fandango over didn't last this long. And Fandango never had a match like they did at All Out.
Its fandango over in the sense that its something people do but does absolutely nothing to grow the business or draw people to the product.

Fandagoing = damien MizDow = scissoring

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its fandango over in the sense that its something people do but does absolutely nothing to grow the business or draw people to the product.

:what: man these dudes are selling prop scissors and selling those out and celebs. What more can be good for business? I don't remember the fandango shyt getting over as nearly as the scissor shyt and trust me im shocked too

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
:what: man these dudes are selling prop scissors and selling those out and celebs. What more can be good for business? I don't remember the fandango shyt getting over as nearly as the scissor shyt and trust me im shocked too
Ticket sales haven’t picked up, ratings haven’t picked up. Cool that they sell t shirts but the main business indicators haven’t changed at all

Weren’t they a featured act on this show?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ticket sales haven’t picked up, ratings haven’t picked up. Cool that they sell t shirts but the main business indicators haven’t changed at all

Weren’t they a featured act on this show?

I disagree at looking at this strictly for ticket stuff but if they are selling out merch at 30-40 pop and getting pop love from hollywood they are doing "something" right.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're over during the matches though, it doesn't stop with people doing their gimmick. And they sell merch, that's pretty good. There are maybe 5 wrestlers that draw people, who wouldn't otherwise, watch to wrestling, and that's too high a bar to judge if someone is over.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
They're over during the matches though, it doesn't stop with people doing their gimmick. And they sell merch, that's pretty good. There are maybe 5 wrestlers that draw people, who wouldn't otherwise, watch to wrestling, and that's too high a bar to judge if someone is over.
For a growing business like aew thats the only thing that matters and this thread is about crossover appeal…literally if theyre mainstream.

If they’re over with the mainstream show me the numbers.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For a growing business like aew thats the only thing that matters and this thread is about crossover appeal…literally if theyre mainstream.

There was a couple examples posted in this thread of the scissoring gimmick hitting outside of wrestling. The Acclaimed are not actual mainstream stars obviously. They are probably not drawing non-wrestling fans to watch. But that doesn't make them only Fandango over, like you've said. If we use that high of a standard for who is "over", then there's like 5 wrestlers right now who are more than Fandango over.

Acclaimed is getting big pops, has the fans invested in their matches/wanting to see them win, and selling merch. They're regular over.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

The thread title doesn't say "Are the Acclaimed going mainstream?"

It says "Is Scissoring going mainstream?"