Is Scarface the goat gangster film?

Is Scarface the goat gangster film?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:gucci: scarface is DE FACTO come up story, from nothing to something, ashy to classy. Nikkas in this thread have absolutely no idea what theyre talking about. Talk to any of the great hustlers from the 80s and 90s and majority of them lived by the same codes scarface lived by and they idolized him

"All i got in this world is my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody!!!" (I can go on and on!!)

Not to mention the classic soundtrack from the movie smh

A bunch of blasphemy in this thread, godfather and goodfellas are better movies but to outright shyt on this movie like its some b level 80s flick is some hating ass shyt

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
No.

I like the movie and it has the GOAT influence, but its fukking silly as hell on so many levels.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's a brilliant movie. I went through the periods of loving it as a kid, to being slightly more dismissive in my 20's, to loving it more in my 30's. I appreciate the direction, not to mention Miami as a character in itself, after going is so much more fun to watch, style, music, fashion, performances, Pacino's outrageous accent, it's a masterpiece. I just watched parts of if over the last few days on TV. I will say I like the movie ending when at The World is Yours scene. I think that's the movies strongest block. I was dying at Frank's lines, dying at Tony's, loved the subtle chemistry between Gina and Manny (esp after Bauer has killed the role on BB and Better Call Saul)

Last edited:

Elevated16

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow, surprised at all the hate on this thread.

Being from Miami, I'm damn proud of this movie. scenery, acting, action, story telling...it had the whole package imo.

Goodfellas like 1a and 1b tho

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
ill take Scarface over city of god, mean streets and king of new york.

its about tied with good fellas.

Scarface got better with time to me as i got older because da plight of da latino immigrant story spoke to me in a way it didn't when i was younger.

soundtrack thou Scarface got da BEST score of all thou in gangster flicks... and its not even close.

You have no idea how laughable that is to me. Over Goodfellas? None of those Scarface songs are really anything special. Just cheesy 80s synth-heavy pop music, and I usually love 80s synth-heavy music.

Goodfellas had iconic scenes matched with iconic music.