Is Rainbow 6 Siege the Most Dynamic/Strategic Shooter to Release in 10 Years?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What other relatively recent shooters would you say compete with the depth of Siege?
:jbhmm:

I've literally played this game for over a year straight, and I still learn out new intricacies about the maps, and things within the meta each time I load the game up. This game feels like the FPS version of chess. The number of plays, the strats, the counters, the creativity in how you can play every objective site on every map is simply amazing... for me it's never gotten old. The competitive nature of every game is a try hards dream :noah:

I don't think anybody foresaw the amount of legs this joint was going to have. Especially seeing that it's not like your typical run and gun FPS, with multiple respawns. This game has caught on, and is currently more active than it was when it launched over a year ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/10/more-people-are-playing-rainbow-six-siege-now-than-at-launch

I think that has a lot to do with Ubisoft's DLC road map, and how everything is free for gamers (maps, operators, weapon skins etc)... if you play the game enough, you will have no issues unlocking each character in the game.

In addition to the gameplay being truly unique, it's dope that people are supporting this game.

I would say this game has the steepest learning curve out of any FPS you could play right now... yet it still is bringing in new players left and right. I feel for noobs, because there's literally soooooo much to learn about this game, and with how loyal the player base has been, they'll be getting slapped for quite some time before they level up.

How did Ubisoft create a game that's completely the opposite of COD/BF... with basically 100% elimination gameplay with no respawning and eat like this? Game did so well in it's first year, that they announced a year 2 with new DLC maps and 8 more operators being introduced to the game (again... all for FREE).

I don't normally fukk with Ubisoft games, but they gotta get props on this one from me. Siege probably my favorite shooter of all time, that's how hard I've gone in this joint.

:salute:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a good game don't like how the gunplay rewards spray&pray elements tho
It's a great game... I wouldn't say it rewards spray and pray, but it is a factor in the game for sure. The only thing that's kind of fukked up with the gun game is how you can be shooting in full auto and still line up shots. I've gotten hit with some bullshyt 1 shot kills, but I've dished out just as many as well. It's the nature of the beast in the game.
:yeshrug:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i disagree
[Beanie Sigel Voice]You're not qualified to talk competitive games with me[/Beanie Sigel Voice]

Name the other shooters that compare strategically and dynamically to Siege that have dropped in the last decade that makes you disagree with the premise of my thread.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also... the continuous Operator tweaking and re-balancing forces players to readjust and adapt to the meta. They always find a good balance to what each character was intended for. They rarely nerf something to non-existence in the game. Just about everything has use now... They neutered the shyt out of BlackBeard tho :lolbron:

But he deserved it