Is physical attraction shallow?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Physical attraction is important until its not an option for you to enjoy anymore, its a sad truth. Be it because of age, being maimed, lost of vision or something else that really puts into perspective how shallow and most importantly unimportant physical attraction is.

There are very few people that can look past looks and love the soul.

Short answer: No

Long answer Yes

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Theres too many people out there to care

Last edited:

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I think looks shoukdbt be the be all end all. If the person isn't decent but you still roll with them than you're an idiot. Especially as you get older and need to settle down character is just as important if not more so because them kids need character not looks to be raised properly.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it is, there's a whole lot of shallow people in those "reveal yourself on the coli" threads.

:coffee:

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
Nope.

Either the person works for your eyesight or they don't.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
No. We just live in a stupid society that has no concept of balance.
The fat acceptance clan would have u believe that being overweight or outta shape with unhealthy skin and hair is somehow expressing "self-love"!

Meanwhile that idiocy is juxtaposed with hyper shallowness where people will disregard others immediately if they don't look like what the internet says everybody should want.

The reasonable answer is that looks matter but only to a certain extent. Looks can often be a reflection of what's on the inside or hide massive character flaws.

Like what u like, but balance that with substance too. I'll be damned if I get with someone I'm not attracted to be it physically or personality wise. Both are equally important to me.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Physically attraction is only shallow when it's the only/biggest parameter a woman/man sets for finding a partner they'd like to share/build with. I personally believe the reason why men seem to be the most shallow (as exemplified in this forum) is because deep down we know this shallowness they display is straight up bullshyt. :pachaha:

So we'll talk about how a girl doesn't have perfect boobs, or how her legs are too thin, or how she ain't got no ass to one another, all while we all know we'll still fill-up inboxes and simp like a mf when the other guys aren't looking.
Men are just pathetic like that. :manny:

As for the reason she's a "bytch" for turning a nikka down - thing is, most nikkas can find themselves in a real slump when they get turn down. It deeply affects a man's ego to not be the relevant to the woman he builds up his courage (at great perceived cost) to approach. Unfortunately a lot of nikkas learn quick that the quickest way to not let the "L' feel too heavy is by diminishing the importance of the object (here I use this term very loosely :whoa:) of desire.

Why are nikkas egos so important?

nikka's egos are important because nikkas learn from a tender age that they ain't shyt. Not until they can get money/influence, get a house, get a car and get at least one bad *^%#%. So the lesson is: "Stack up successes if you wanna mean anything as a man. Otherwise you're weak, just like all the men who have died without even becoming a minor footnote in history". Which means that any failure becomes a point of contention and very very personal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson's over ladies, I hope we all learned something today. :smugdraper:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Physically attraction is only shallow when it's the only/biggest parameter a woman/man sets for finding a partner they'd like to share/build with. I personally believe the reason why men seem to be the most shallow (as exemplified in this forum) is because deep down we know this shallowness they display is straight up bullshyt. :pachaha:

So we'll talk about how a girl doesn't have perfect boobs, or how her legs are too thin, or how she ain't got no ass to one another, all while we all know we'll still fill-up inboxes and simp like a mf when the other guys aren't looking.

As for the reason she's a "bytch" for turning a nikka down - thing is, most nikkas can find themselves in a real slump when they get turn down. It deeply affects a man's ego to not be the relevant to the woman he builds up his courage (at great perceived cost) to approach. Unfortunately a lot of nikkas learn quick that the quickest way to not let the "L' feel too heavy is by diminishing the importance of the object (here I use this term very loosely :whoa:) of desire.

nikka's egos are important because nikkas learn from a tender age that they ain't shyt. Not until they can get money/influence, get a house, get a car and get at least one bad *^%#%. So the lesson is: "Stack up successes if you wanna mean anything as a man. Otherwise you're weak, just like all the men who have died without even becoming a minor footnote in history". Which means that any failure becomes a point of contention and very very personal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:salute:

Wanted to add to the last part which I underlined in bold:

That kinda attitude towards failure will only breed more failure going forward. Failure is a necessary struggle in order to learn how to succeed. If one internalizes failure in such a way, it becomes difficult to know how to deal with it properly. Not to say you have to like failure (I fukking hate losing, I have a secretly competitive streak that I have learned to manage well), but recognize that it's not permanent and that there are lessons to be learned.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My guess is people get bitter about other's preferences because they view it as a rejection, even if they themselves aren't interested.
This is exactly what it is.

And naw, physical attraction is biological. I don't think it's wrong to have preferences, or even demand that someone you are dating keep their physical up to par, as long as you yourself are doing the same and aren't making physical appearance the focal point of the relationship.

• Dap
Reactions: no.

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
I don't get how its shallow, but to me its reality. Physical attraction is important to me but acceptance of their physical appearance by others is not. There have been some guys Im attracted to that people go :mindblown: over, but as long as I can look at them and find them appealing I don't care. There are certain traits that boost the view that I have of them like a sense of humor and intelligence, but off first glance its always looks for me.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

I feel like ALL women should know this, or atleast be told this once in life. this would help shed light on how guys think and why we act the way we do.. :salute: for saying this..