Is physical attraction shallow?

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
If people have different barometers for what they find attractive, is there such a thing as true shallowness?
And why do people get offended when someone doesn't find them attractive when they themselves don't find everyone attractive?
I read a lot of posts on here with men overly critiquing women.
"She ain't got no ass, gross"
"no titties, eww"
But let a brehette make a comment on short nikkas and watch the spin threads commence trying to bully women into lowering their standards:sas1:
If you like what you like then the other person has the right to do the same.
Also why is she suddenly an ugly ass bytch after she turns you down?:what:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't think it's particularly shallow, although many people disagree.

Thing about looks is that while we, as humans, appreciate aesthetic beauty a lot, there are different things that turn people on. And within that, there are people who are demisexual, people who are turned on by intelligence, and of course people who are mostly physically attracted. People have variances of all of the above to different degrees.

We also find different things physically attractive. A lot of dudes on here like women's asses, some like t*ts and so on and so forth. I have things I like about women too.

My guess is people get bitter about other's preferences because they view it as a rejection, even if they themselves aren't interested. In my experience, people have very interesting, yet ultimately unhelpful ways of dealing with feelings of rejection. Speaking on the short dude issue, I didn't realize this was a thing until I got onto the internet. And I do think there's a double standard about this growing on the net.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
Physical attraction isn't shallow. But choosing partners based purely on physical attraction is.

I think short dudes get mad cuz they feel like they were dealt a bad hand in life. And it is pretty messed up cuz even the short girls say they want a dude whose at least 5'7. You can't control your height so it must hurt to know that females are dissing you cuz of it.

And girls do the same thing. You guys rag on dudes for their height or whatever else. But when dudes talk shyt about your bodies its "oh you're objectifying woman, we're all beautiful, #yesallwomen"

People are just shallow hypocrites. Nobody wants to admit their own flaws.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
If people have different barometers for what they find attractive, is there such a thing as true shallowness?
And why do people get offended when someone doesn't find them attractive when they themselves don't find everyone attractive?
I read a lot of posts on here with men overly critiquing women.
"She ain't got no ass, gross"
"no titties, eww"
But let a brehette make a comment on short nikkas and watch the spin threads commence trying to bully women into lowering their standards:sas1:
If you like what you like then the other person has the right to do the same.
Also why is she suddenly an ugly ass bytch after she turns you down?:what:

I feel where you're coming from. I think that it's natural for a man or woman to first be attracted to the physical qualities of their attraction. it's nature and it's biology, we choose to try and mate with individuals who possess some form of attraction rather it's on an recognizable level (Eyes, Facial Structure, Body Shape) or not (Don't know why you're attracted to her, but you just know you are). it only becomes "shallow" once you allow that to be the only way you gauge relationships(?).

People get offended because it's a tough let down "No, you're not attractive enough for me.". I don't agree with disrespecting the woman because she turns you down, that's some gay shyt. just as dude's, sometimes our ego's prevent us from seeing things in different way. some of us take it as personal jabs.

Lol @ the short comment.

And if a dude says "Oh that bytch ugly anyways." :mjlol: he madd hurt and fronting hard.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Nothing shallow with physical attraction at all because it's all you have if you're looking at somebody that you don't know. Nobody looks at a potential romantic interest and says "I bet they have a great personality, I'm gonna go talk to them."

If that physical attraction is all that keeps you around after you've deemed them to be a piece of shyt personality wise, then yeah, that's shallow.

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
There's nothing shallow about physical attractiveness. The people who have a problem with it and label others as shallow come off as having lower standards and don't understand that persons view in my opinion. Some people will settle for stuff or not care while others won't. There's really nothing wrong with caring about every feature that someone has and yes that includes things such as hair, skin tone and height since these are some of the features people always want to guilt trip others into not caring about.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
There's nothing shallow about physical attractiveness. The people who have a problem with it and label others as shallow come off as having lower standards and don't understand that persons view in my opinion. Some people will settle for stuff or not care while others won't. There's really nothing wrong with caring about every feature that someone has and yes that includes things such as hair, skin tone and height since these are some of the features people always want to guilt trip others into not caring about.

Perception is reality at the end of the day, and if you can't perceive or understand someone else's view to things then you will look at other people as being something negative compared to yourself. If you're a sapiosexual and you can't understand why others are attracted to somebody's physical appearance, then you'll probably call them shallow :yeshrug:

A more extreme example is the thread about that pansexual woman on twitter who said that dudes who won't date transgender women are transphobic :beli:. She doesn't understand why that matters, and she's also disregarding the fact that people have turnoffs that she doesn't have.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Meh. I don't think it's shallow because being physically attracted to someone is important, but it's shallow when you purely focus on that.

If you aren't attracted to intellect or intangible aspects of a person but mainly their physical characteristics (unlikely but hypothetical), is it still shallow?

And to play devil's advocate, if they are shallow, is it really that bad?? :ohhh:

I mean, not everybody can be deep, you know? :ehh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
If you aren't attracted to intellect or intangible aspects of a person but mainly their physical characteristics (unlikely but hypothetical), is it still shallow?

And to play devil's advocate, if they are shallow, is it really that bad?? :ohhh:

I mean, not everybody can be deep, you know? :ehh:

That depends on if you care if you're considered shallow or not.