Is online gaming superior to arcade gaming?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
How :flabbynsick: are brehs on this site?

When I was young, arcade games were too expensive to really enjoy. Moms wasn't giving me any more than $5 to use at the arcade and the only games you could play for cheap was the old ass pac man and donky kong cabinets in the back.

A game of mvc 2 was like 75 cent and shyt like time crisis started at a dollar.

We'd get maybe 30 minutes of gaming before we ran out of money. I was too broke to learn the deeper mechanics of fighting games to be competitive with the older nerds hogging the cabinets.

75¢:picard: , Sounds like your family was shopping at Albertsons. What were y’all doing in those type of neighborhoods back then. :mjpls:

Fiesta and Kroger’s had the latest Capcom & SNK games for a quarter. :banderas:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
75¢:picard: , Sounds like your family was shopping at Albertsons. What were y’all doing in those type of neighborhoods back then. :mjpls:

I grew up in south central Los Angeles during the 90s. Not even laundromats in the hood had fighting games for a quarter in 98.

I feel like yall old heads are talking about arcades during the late 80 to early 90s, when street fighter 2 and mortal kombat hit the streets. By the time I was 10, no one was going to the arcade to play fighting games. We just went over to the breh on the block with the dreamcast to play mvc. Anyone who wanted to play smash bros, streets fighter alpha 3, or tekken came to my house.

Kids in my hood were buying ice cream off the ice cream truck with paper food stamps, we didn't have money for the arcade.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As far as a shared social gaming experience goes?

Online-games.jpg

Or

8srbur4ijjo31.jpg
Depends if there's a pandemic or not

Introverts vs extroverts should factor

Is this a super smash bros tourny

But online overall has always been better because I've played with friends. An arcade I might be with friends, might be solo, I never needed to have friends to enjoy an arcade game. Online gaming with friends is cool and was so much better at first. You actually would meet people and become friends unlike now where people don't talk unless they in parties and if you say anything offensive you COULD get banned? That's not a good look either :patrice:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I'm from a country ass place so arcades wasn't a thing for me growing up, the barbershop had pacman and donkey Kong.

So Dreamcast was the 1st time I ever went 1v1 that wasn't on the couch

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
No never and not even close...nothing will ever match the vibe and community of an arcade.

U never beat a man till u crush him in street fighter 2 shoulder to shoulder and have witness of him getting that work.
:blessed:

The glory days...if u wasnt there...I feel sorry for your mother.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Arcade easy lol. I don’t even like online. Inconsistent internet connection is a deal breaker, you spend so much time just finding a good connection only for them to quit as soon as you start whipping their ass.

At an arcade if you quit you not only lost your money but you have to go to the back of the line. Online you lose nothing and just find another game

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Absolutely not. Anyone who says this wasn't around for the heyday of arcade gaming. Whether it was Barcode in Times Square or Fairyland Kiddie Park on Flatbush and Utica, online gaming just didn't match the atmosphere.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Arcades/local gatherings will always be superior but online has its perks.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps

I remember them commercials back in the day. The jingle said "It's your store," be we all know that was a lie. :mjpls: