Is online gaming superior to arcade gaming?

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Yep...with limited funds and players on deck you had to make the most of every move you made, and get gooder.

But I did have an older cousin that worked in the mall, and he would take me to the arcade and have his boy that worked there take me to the back room and load my pockets up with tokens:blessed:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
How :flabbynsick: are brehs on this site?

When I was young, arcade games were too expensive to really enjoy. Moms wasn't giving me any more than $5 to use at the arcade and the only games you could play for cheap was the old ass pac man and donky kong cabinets in the back.

A game of mvc 2 was like 75 cent and shyt like time crisis started at a dollar.

We'd get maybe 30 minutes of gaming before we ran out of money. I was too broke to learn the deeper mechanics of fighting games to be competitive with the older nerds hogging the cabinets.

i think i remember race drivin in a nice car was like 1.50

most games were about 50, even shyt like MvC/2, sf, etc

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Arcades>>>

Online is convenient and makes things possible that wasn't before but you tripping if an Arcade with mad nikkas huddled around and hype energy ain't the wave. I went to an Arcade in Houston a few weeks ago and it was lit. I missed those.

Barcade is still fun everytime i go too

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That Simpsons game changed my life on gaming. I remember playing that at Darian Lake I was hooked on that game I went with my cousins that year and I remember my uncle was like everybody going swimming I was like aight I’m cool. He legit had to pry me from that cabinet. That game was the shyt. It was hard for me to play that and then go back to playing my bullshyt NES.

Thank god my PC allows me to somewhat relive the experience.

first game i ever beat dolo in the arcade...took like 5 bucks in quarters but that shyt was a milestone for me

Arcade1Up just dropped Simpsons cabinet :ohlawd:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-h...8ZaTfqbVUXlnO2lzWC97gehVKf5of0UQaAi1VEALw_wcB

If I didn't have the X-Men Vs Street Fighter one I'd cop but I don't wanna get addicted to these

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
yeah i peeped...if i had room in the crib i would cop.

i copped the SNK one a few years ago...was hoping the hacking community would open it up so I could load shyt onto it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
yeah i peeped...if i had room in the crib i would cop.

i copped the SNK one a few years ago...was hoping the hacking community would open it up so I could load shyt onto it

It's easy to do that with the A1U but I think the SNK one is harder to do that with because it has a lot of proprietary hardware. I still want the SNK one tho because it just looks fresh

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
How :flabbynsick: are brehs on this site?

When I was young, arcade games were too expensive to really enjoy. Moms wasn't giving me any more than $5 to use at the arcade and the only games you could play for cheap was the old ass pac man and donky kong cabinets in the back.

A game of mvc 2 was like 75 cent and shyt like time crisis started at a dollar.

We'd get maybe 30 minutes of gaming before we ran out of money. I was too broke to learn the deeper mechanics of fighting games to be competitive with the older nerds hogging the cabinets.
I'm :flabbynsick:. I was working when MVC2 came out and making good money too.

However I never got that good at arcade games until I purchased my PS2.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Arcades by a longshot. People would have a main arcade near them and travel to other arcades to beat their best players. Before The Final Round tournaments took off we would have citywide tournaments in Tekken and Capcom games too.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Definitely Arcades.

I remember the days when $20 could have you chilling for several hours at either of the local mall arcades on a Saturday.