Is online gaming superior to arcade gaming?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As far as a shared social gaming experience goes?

Online-games.jpg

Or

8srbur4ijjo31.jpg

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Both have their pros and cons.

Arcades back in my day had etiquette. If you talked shyt you had to back it up. No white boys dared to call me ****** to my face. You had to come with a level of respect because the threat of getting beat up was real. But we also had problems with weak brehs getting debo'd of the machines by older brehs. Also a lot of criminal activities went down. At the Turkish sports clubs they had a load of arcade machines but used to sell heroin in the back. It used to get raided at least once a month.

I miss those days.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ii think one of the things i liked about arcades is that they were everywhere. There were the dedicated arcades that had all the latest and greatest stuff, then you had the random arcade machines that went up at the corner store, pizza shop, comic store etc.

I remember the first time I ever saw street fighter 2 was in a Burger King. I also remember me and my older brother walking like 3 miles to play aliens vs predator with 3 dollars worth of coins

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
corner store had a simpsons, tmnt, and sf 2...:ahh:

That Simpsons game changed my life on gaming. I remember playing that at Darian Lake I was hooked on that game I went with my cousins that year and I remember my uncle was like everybody going swimming I was like aight I’m cool. He legit had to pry me from that cabinet. That game was the shyt. It was hard for me to play that and then go back to playing my bullshyt NES.

Thank god my PC allows me to somewhat relive the experience.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
That Simpsons game changed my life on gaming. I remember playing that at Darian Lake I was hooked on that game I went with my cousins that year and I remember my uncle was like everybody going swimming I was like aight I’m cool. He legit had to pry me from that cabinet. That game was the shyt. It was hard for me to play that and then go back to playing my bullshyt NES.

Thank god my PC allows me to somewhat relive the experience.

first game i ever beat dolo in the arcade...took like 5 bucks in quarters but that shyt was a milestone for me

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
no. there was accountability when dumb shyt came out your mouth in the arcade :birdman:

Both have their pros and cons.

Arcades back in my day had etiquette. If you talked shyt you had to back it up. No white boys dared to call me ****** to my face. You had to come with a level of respect because the threat of getting beat up was real. But we also had problems with weak brehs getting debo'd of the machines by older brehs. Also a lot of criminal activities went down. At the Turkish sports clubs they had a load of arcade machines but used to sell heroin in the back. It used to get raided at least once a month.

I miss those days.

Arcade was a better shared experience becassue there was no anonymity.

going to an arcade with your actual friends was better than “making some friends” online to me :manny:
When online I don't even have my mic on, and I turn the opponents volume off unless it's someone I actually know these days. Playing your friends online is convenient, but still not like the in person arcade or console days.
But the reality is even if online play wasn't an option those in person battle times would be a thing of the past for me. Dudes have families and jobs now, so chances to go out specifically to play some video games at a spot or have a bunch of friends huddled around the tv doing multiplayer or passing the sticks after a L in a fighting game are pretty much done. But what fun those days were:mjcry:

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I prefer online gaming. Arcade games always felt outdated.

Side note: I was at Aventura Mall this past weekend and I noticed they opened an arcade. shyt was packed.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
How :flabbynsick: are brehs on this site?

When I was young, arcade games were too expensive to really enjoy. Moms wasn't giving me any more than $5 to use at the arcade and the only games you could play for cheap was the old ass pac man and donky kong cabinets in the back.

A game of mvc 2 was like 75 cent and shyt like time crisis started at a dollar.

We'd get maybe 30 minutes of gaming before we ran out of money. I was too broke to learn the deeper mechanics of fighting games to be competitive with the older nerds hogging the cabinets.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How :flabbynsick: are brehs on this site?

When I was young, arcade games were too expensive to really enjoy. Moms wasn't giving me any more than $5 to use at the arcade and the only games you could play for cheap was the old ass pac man and donky kong cabinets in the back.

A game of mvc 2 was like 75 cent and shyt like time crisis started at a dollar.

We'd get maybe 30 minutes of gaming before we ran out of money. I was too broke to learn the deeper mechanics of fighting games to be competitive with the older nerds hogging the cabinets.

Well, thats what it was. If you were lucky you got like 3 games in before you had to dip, if you were nice you got to stay on longer