Is Ohio The Most Racist State In America

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Or does that blow a hole in alot of y'alls little " I'm not from the South so I'm a superior form of Black" theory :troll:
But in all seriousness that seems like a God awful state with a abnormally large percentage of its police force who look like pure unadulterated descendants of Klansmen its definitely in my top 5 list.
Looking at the Afroman thread and it clicked how more often then not these things take place in Ohio

For the PLOS ONE paper, researchers looked at searches containing the N-word. People search frequently for it, roughly as often as searches for "migraine(s)," "economist," "sweater," "Daily Show," and "Lakers." (The authors attempted to control for variants of the N-word not necessarily intended as pejoratives, excluding the "a" version of the word that analysis revealed was often used "in different contexts compared to searches of the term ending in '-er'.")
Interestingly, on the map above the most concentrated cluster of racist searches happened not in the South, but rather along the spine of the Appalachians running from Georgia all the way up to New York and southern Vermont.Other hotbeds of racist searches appear in areas of the Gulf Coast, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and a large portion of Ohio.[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...racist-places-in-america-according-to-google/[/URL]

:francis:

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Dave Chapelle moved there intentionally so I’d say no

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Wisconsin has to be up there

42 percent of Wisconsin's incarcerated population is Black. Only 6 percent of the state's total population is Black

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The most racist place I've ever experienced was Mississippi, and o challenge anyone to give me the state that threatens The Sip's racist hostility...

That said, This Is AmeriKKKa, there isn't a state here that you won't encounter blatant racism to black folk. Some (like Mississippi), are worse than others. But:

•I've been racially profiled at a Subway sandwich shop in San Francisco by Asians. Yes, a fukking Subway;
•I've been racially profiled at a Barnes&Noble in Burlington, Vermont by a white woman who swore I was trying to steal books...
•I've dealt with either profiling or racial hostility in Idaho; Virginia; New York; Texas; North Carolina; West Virginia; Georgia; New Mexico...

I've been to many more states than these, including Ohio, but my experiences in these states aren't lengthy enough to have experienced the racism...

This is the United States. Some places are better than others. But it's everywhere here because this country wasn't designed for our success historically, and at present it still isn't. I hate when we get on the "who is more racist" game, pick a state and stay awhile as a black man or woman. It's there...

But for the record, I think Mississippi wins this in a fukking landslide...

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
The South being more racist than the rest of the country is pretty exaggerated for the most part.

I've seen just as much open racists, Confederate flags, and MAGA supporters in Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, and parts of Long Island as I have in South Carolina visiting my family.

Maybe it's slightly more racist(and even that's debatable) but the gap is very small.

Also, here in the East, there's a lot of :mjpls: Irish, Italians, Orthodox Jews, and Eastern Europeans who can be very openly racist and hostile towards Black people in their neighborhoods. At least down South I've seen some relative integration between working/middle class Whites and Blacks. "Ethnic Whites" can be even more fragile regarding Black people than White redneck types. If I hear another one talk about "When my family came here we were poor and discriminated against and blah blah..." I'm gonna lose it.

Midwestern racism is underrated too, especially pertaining to Milwaukee, Chicago, and Indiana.