satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:patrice:

81Db7mIJtrL._SY606_.jpg
:lupe: I been wanting to watch this joint for years.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I swear I dont know what the hell that movie was trying to be
Mos Def always entertaining on screen to me tho
Wish dude would have done more work before he became a revolutionary. I've always liked him in whatever he's in.

I think it was trying to be Snatch or Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, something in that vein. Also with a mix of Tarantino
I could see the ghetto Guy Ritchie thing, it just didn't know how to maintain the tone so you understand what it is. shyt go from Friday type laughs to Menace type violence and it have you like :patrice: "What just changed?"

It was still an entertaining movie to me with a solid cast.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yo!! This is a dope movie..... Brehs who watched it and enjoyed it!! It's ok to admit you liked it, no one gonna hurt yall.

Like home somewhere back said, it's like Snatch or a Guy Ritchie style film if you like that.... But with a black and latino cast verse white cast.

I think what confuses peeps is.... I don't think the initial intentions of this movie was to be a comedy.... It was just marketed that way with the trailers. I think blame for that could be put on the studios back. I believe it was supposed to be like what it had ( like a lot of those other movies), elements of humor.... But never a full blown comedy.

Kinda like when KickAss 1st dropped it was kinda portrayed via commercials as a kid super hero flick..... But then 5 minutes in soccer moms got the shock of a lifetime.

I remember seeing that in the movies and watching a 3rd of the audience bounce cuz they brought they Lil Jimmy's and Jenny's

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I saw it in theater when it first came out, and I remember being pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth watching if you have the time.

After seeing it I remember thinking it came across like Burn After Reading (if it was marketed to a black crowd.)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Movie Is a slept on gem black pulp fiction most def

Gooch and mike epps steal the movie

The 10 bricks phone call where they switch it up to bytches is :mjlol:

i always hopped for a prequel sequel for shavoo and nem
:dwillhuh: This!!! I'm enjoying DA fukk outta this movie & I'm wondering why it's not considered at least a Black Cult Classic film.