Is Logan the best superhero movie ever?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
fukk no. I thought it was a terrible movie, probably the most faithful to the comics but a lame send off of Jackman's Wolverine.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm black, name another black superhero movie currently out other than spawn. Nice try tho

I know what you meant breh :russ: relax.

That said, it does bring me back to something I've always wondered: Do we relate more based on color or character? Like yeah blade is a black man so in theory I should be able to relate. But at the same time, his character and his struggle is not at all anything I can relate to, which is why spider man is my guy. It's something that's always interested me and made me think

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That said, it does bring me back to something I've always wondered: Do we relate more based on color or character? Like yeah blade is a black man so in theory I should be able to relate. But at the same time, his character and his struggle is not at all anything I can relate to, which is why spider man is my guy. It's something that's always interested me and made me think
hm, I think it helps to have a person on screen that looks like you doing big things. I had a different feeling watching the avengers vs watching black panther in civil war.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then you might wanna rethink you usage of "relate".
what:what:

Mutha fukkers through out the years been saying they dont like cj in gta san andreas because they dont relate to him, they dont like prototype 2 because they cant relate to him, they would find it hard to relate to a black captain america...all fictional shyt, but when I use it I need to rethink my usage?

White people complain about the same shyt all the time. Forget luke cage already?

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People don't relate to comic book characters at all (for the most part) folks live vicariously through them. Some people love Wolverine and claim they "relate" to him when in reality they've got nothing in common with the character. Wolverine is a bad ass and they wish THEY were a bad ass like him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
hm, I think it helps to have a person on screen that looks like you doing big things. I had a different feeling watching the avengers vs watching black panther in civil war.

Yeah no doubt it helps. But I think thats just the writer/poet in me looking beyond that. Peter Parker being black would be a bonus and put me over the moon but its not necessary for me to relate to him. I get it though, get it completely

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People don't relate to comic book characters at all (for the most part) folks live vicariously through them. Some people love Wolverine and claim they "relate" to him when in reality they've got nothing in common with the character. Wolverine is a bad ass and they wish THEY were a bad ass like him.

Um...you want to tone down your General speak there breh? lol. Unless you know every single person on this planet, I think it's pretty assuming for you to say people don't relate to comic book characters at all. Can we relate to the powers? Hell no, unless we're aliens. But they are characters first and foremost and they take on the characteristics of people. Wolverine, when you boil him down to just a character, is an angry guy who hides his emotions, has rage issues, doesn't like getting close to people, loves to drink, smoke, and fukk, and doesn't play well with others. I'm pretty sure there are dozens and dozens of people who can relate to all of that or most of it, and there's a good chance a lot of them are on this board

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Really good movie... honestly though - and I'm sure you're gonna tell me this doesn't matter much - but how often are you gonna yearn to rewatch this? what mood are you gonna be in that you're gonna wanna watch Logan? Serious question, not trolling.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Logan's gotta be the most overrated comic book movie ever.

Its a solid movie. It has ALL TIME great performances in a comic book movie. The movie itself has major story and pacing problems.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Really good movie... honestly though - and I'm sure you're gonna tell me this doesn't matter much - but how often are you gonna yearn to rewatch this? what mood are you gonna be in that you're gonna wanna watch Logan? Serious question, not trolling.

That's taste homie. Depends on the person. I don't think that's a question you can judge something on because of that subjectivity

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
It clearly is the best movie out of all the X-Men and Wolverine movies. It's a great fukkin movie nonetheless. But I don't know if I can say it's even in my top 5.

1. Dark Knight
2. Winter Soldier
3. Spider Man 2
4. Iron Man 1
5. Avengers

I might even put movies like batman begins, civil war and guardians ahead of it at the moment. Who knows another yr or so down the line.
Avengers one top 5?:francis: Hell naw