Is life just a big video game?

It...

• Is

• Isn't

Results are only viewable after voting.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Lets see what the true playaz think and why.
mariopac.png

I do. Too many things line up that way and too many hints. After all if this wasn't a sim what are the chances of Nintendo having IRL beef with Bowser? I know an in game in joke when I see one. Having another Bowser riding with them is an insult to your intelligence.

That and the fact that in the 70s it was Pong and how we have VR immersion. Add another 1000 years on and someones gonna say "Hey, lets experience a real life Vice City back in the 80s" to which another says "Why not just model the whole thing?" and here we are.

Yes or no say why you pick and have you ever wondered this given how we've seen the evolution of graphics and the rest? If it is a game then what changes in your day to day? Are you even the main player in your story or just an NPC? Your adventure so far is all the evidence you need...

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
If I die in a video game I can just start over...can't say the same for life :whoa:

However we're probably very close to crossing that threshold where video games will be indistinguishable from life...it's coming in our lifetimes

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Nah. Life is completely random and there are no cheat codes, checkpoints, saves or restarts.

The only similarity that life shares with video games is that certain parts of your life experiences are out of your control and more so constructed into your life.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ufdup: I don't like having to play on hard mode at all times :sadcam:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
However we're probably very close to crossing that threshold where video games will be indistinguishable from life...it's coming in our lifetimes

If you can imagine that bridge in our future why is it hard to accept our past came from walking over it?
OInyBBd.png

Nah. Life is completely random and there are no cheat codes, checkpoints, saves or restarts.

Real life is Nintendo Hard (pause). One shot, one kill, the end. Insert credit to continue.

Things like cheats, checkpoints and saves were not the standard back when, only for later generations so the Game of Souls we're playing is all about immersion so the mods dont allow it. One credit which you call life and each person plays their own tailored stage in this dimensional sandbox, open world experience.

I don't like having to play on hard mode at all times

See, there are levels and rules to the game. We're on one of the hardest stages but you only move on (ie respawn in a new earthday suit) once you've passed the previous challenge which means everyone here, now has the skills within em to handle it. Even in that case we all have our own mission and intent and, from what I've seen, your true powers are hidden behind your greatest fears and pretty much everyone is allergic to thinking this or doing anythin about it.