Is Kevin Hart An A List Actor?

Is Kevin Hart An A List Actor?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just a yes or no question. Not asking if he's an A list comedian, Not asking if he's an A list celebrity. Just when it comes to acting.

@EzekelRAGE

Filmography​

YEARTITLEROLE
2024Lift (2024)Cyrus
2024Borderlands (2024)Roland
2023Back on the Strip (2023)Uptight Dad
2022DC League of Super-Pets (2022)Ace
2022Me Time (2022)Sonny
2019Fandango Early Access: The Secret Life of Pets 2Snowball
2019Jumanji: The Next LevelMouse
2018Night School (2018)Teddy
2017Captain Underpants: The First Epic MovieGeorge
2017Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 3DFridge
2017The UpsideDell Scott
2016The Secret Life of PetsSnowball
2016Ride Along 2Ben Barber
2016Central IntelligenceCalvin Joyner
2016Kevin Hart: What Now?Executive Producer, Screenwriter, Self
2016Dying LaughingSelf
2015The Wedding RingerJimmy Callahan/Bic Mitchum
2015Get HardDarnell
2014Ride AlongBen Barber
2014About Last NightBernie
2014Think Like a Man TooCedric
2014Top FiveCharles
2013This Is the EndSelf
2013Grudge MatchDante Slate Jr.
2013Kevin Hart: Let Me ExplainExecutive Producer, Self, Writer
2012Think Like a ManCedric
2012The Five-Year EngagementDoug
201135 & TickingCleavon
2011Kevin Hart: Laugh At My PainExecutive Producer, Screenwriter, Self
2011Exit StrategyMannequin Head Man
2011Let GoKris Styles
2010Death at a FuneralBrian
2010Little FockersNurse Louis
2009Not Easily BrokenTree
2008Fool's GoldBigg Bunny
2008Meet DaveNo. 17
2006The Last Stand (2007)F Stop/G Spot
2005In the MixBusta
2004Soul PlaneNashawn
2003Death of a DynastyP-Diddy / Cop 1 / Dance Coach / Hyper Rapper / H. Lector

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Like I said before you made the thread, if everyone has a bad/narrow definition of what makes an a list actor than this thread is pointless. If you only define a list actor based on acting talent. Then no, Kevin Hart wouldnt be in it. But neither would Chris hemsworth who you listed in your personal Alist actor pile.

IMO Bankablity is part of what makes an actor an a lister and Kevin is one of the most bankable stars in hollywood today.

Half assed op btw, listing the filmography like that does nothing. Not putting your definition of what makes up an alist actor for you also makes the op pointless.

Article from 2014:
"The frenetic funnyman is now one of Hollywood's most bankable stars"
When Ride Along drove into theaters last month and rode off with a record-breaking $48.1 million over the long Martin Luther King Day weekend, the Kevin HartIce Cube comedy was branded a ”surprise success.” (As of press time, it had raked in $92.7 million.) Also a surprise? The $32.2 million Hart made last July with his theatrical release Let Me Explain, which went on to become the fourth-highest-grossing stand-up concert film ever. And would you like to take a guess how the $91.5 million earned by the 2012 Hart-starring gender-role comedy Think Like a Man was characterized? I’ll give you a hint: It starts with an ”s” and ends with ”urprise.”

Budget and how much the film made

Ride along 25M/154M
Ride Along 2 40M/125M
Get Hard 40M, made 110M
Think Like A Man 12M/96M
TLAM 2 24M/70M
Secret Life of Pets 80M/880M
SLoP2 80M/440M
Jumanji 150M/960
Jumanji 2 125M/800M
Nightschoole 30M/100M

Kevin Hart is an a list actor. :yeshrug:

Silkk

Daps
Like I said before you made the thread, if everyone has a bad/narrow definition of what makes an a list actor than this thread is pointless. If you only define a list actor based on acting talent. Then no, Kevin Hart wouldnt be in it. But neither would Chris hemsworth who you listed in your personal Alist actor pile.

IMO Bankablity is part of what makes an actor an a lister and Kevin is one of the most bankable stars in hollywood today.

Half assed op btw, listing the filmography like that does nothing. Not putting your definition of what makes up an alist actor for you also makes the op pointless.

Article from 2014:

Ride along 25M/154M
Ride Along 2 40M/125M
Get Hard 40M, made 110M
Think Like A Man 12M/96M
TLAM 2 24M/70M
SLoP2 80M/440M
Jumanji 150M/960
Jumanji 2 125M/800M
Nightschoole 30M/100M

Thats your opinion.

And im literally talking about box office. Why the fukk would I mention the Rock if I was talking about actually acting :heh:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Defines an A-List Actor?

Decoding A-List Status

(By Tonya Tannenbaum)

The term “A-List actor” is frequently used to denote the crème de la crème of the entertainment industry. But what exactly places an actor in this coveted category? Beyond red carpets and box office numbers, the designation of an A-List actor encompasses a combination of talent, influence, marketability, and cultural impact.

Box Office Success:

A-List actors often boast a track record of box office success. Their presence alone can draw audiences to theaters, contributing significantly to a project’s commercial viability. Consistent high-grossing films and blockbuster performances are key indicators of an actor’s A-List status.

Critical Acclaim:

While commercial success is important, critical acclaim also plays a pivotal role. A-List actors are recognized for their exceptional talent, receiving accolades such as awards, nominations, and positive reviews from critics. The ability to deliver nuanced and memorable performances across a variety of roles solidifies an actor’s standing in the industry.

Versatility and Range:

A-List actors showcase versatility in their craft, seamlessly transitioning between genres and characters. Whether it’s drama, comedy, action, or romance, their ability to convincingly embody diverse roles sets them apart. A broad range allows them to appeal to a wider audience and take on challenging projects.

Global Recognition:

A-List actors often enjoy international recognition, transcending geographical boundaries. Their appeal extends beyond their home country, making them sought after by filmmakers and studios on a global scale. This broad recognition contributes to their star power and marketability.

Influence and Negotiating Power:

A-List actors wield significant influence within the industry. They have the power to greenlight projects, attract top-tier directors and co-stars, and negotiate favorable terms for themselves. This level of influence is a testament to their standing and the trust that studios and producers place in their ability to drive a project’s success.

Media Presence and Public Persona:

A-List actors maintain a strong media presence and carefully curated public personas. Whether it’s through interviews, social media, or public appearances, their ability to engage with the public contributes to their overall appeal. A positive public image can enhance their marketability and attractiveness to both audiences and industry professionals.

Consistent Work in High-Profile Projects:

A-List actors are consistently cast in high-profile projects with esteemed directors and production teams. Their involvement in prestigious films and television series not only showcases their talent but also reinforces their status within the industry.

Longevity and Endurance:

The sustainability of an actor’s career is a crucial factor in achieving and maintaining A-List status. Longevity in the industry, coupled with the ability to adapt to changing trends and audience preferences, speaks to an actor’s enduring appeal and relevance.

Becoming an A-List actor is a culmination of talent, acclaim, influence, and a touch of star power. The journey to A-List status involves navigating a highly competitive industry, consistently delivering outstanding performances, and cultivating a public persona that resonates with audiences worldwide.
Not tryna shyt on your definition just broadening the scope

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Thats your opinion.
And im literally talking about box office. Why the fukk would I mention the Rock if I was talking about actually acting
This is why I said your OP was half assed. what is the purpose of listing the movies he has been in w/o the box office numbers?
Why not state what you base your alist stuff on in the op?

Like I said before you made this thread
We can drop it, you have a wrong and very narrow definition of what defines an a list actor
Not tryna shyt on your definition just broadening the scope
Exactly, box office isnt the only metric that makes an actor an a list actor. Taking all of what you listed into account. Hart may be low on the"versatility and ranger" and "critical acclaim" slider but would score high on the other stuff like BO Success/Influence/Media Presence and Public persona stuff along with the rest of it.

If it was just based on box office, DDL wouldnt be considered an a lister.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Article from 2014:

Ride along 25M/154M
Ride Along 2 40M/125M
Get Hard 40M, made 110M
Think Like A Man 12M/96M
TLAM 2 24M/70M
SLoP2 80M/440M
Jumanji 150M/960
Jumanji 2 125M/800M

Nightschoole 30M/100M

Are we really counting movies where he wasn’t the lead actor? That’s a slippery slope.

Silkk

Daps
This is why I said your OP was half assed. what is the purpose of listing the movies he has been in w/o the box office numbers?
Why not state what you base your alist stuff on in the op?

Like I said before you made this thread

Exactly, box office isnt the only metric that makes an actor an a list actor. Taking all of what you listed into account. Hart may be low on the"versatility and ranger" and "critical acclaim" slider but would score high on the other stuff like BO Success/Influence/Media Presence and Public persona stuff along with the rest of it.

If it was just based on box office, DDL wouldnt be considered an a lister.
Cause the website didn't have the numbers. It's not like any of them did anything anyway.

Anybody with two eyes can look at that list and not need more than one hand to name the "Blockbusters" without The Rock in them.