Is Kevin Durant officially the second option?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Kevin Durant Field Goal Attempts per game : 18

Russel Westbrook Field Goal Attempts per game : 19

:merchant: Russ done took over the whole squad.

Durant is on pace to be the first ever scoring champion in NBA history to not shoot the most attempts on his team, if he beats out Melo.

Is this better for the Thunder? Durant has in my view an inability to show extreme aggressiveness in important situations. He can hit clutch shots but can someone post a video of Durant utterly taking over a 4th quarter? He's a brilliant player but it is slowly but surely becoming Westbrook's team.

Edit : Before the inevitable Buh Buh Kobe shot more than Shaq during the three peat... to that I say Kobe and Shaq we're option 1A and 1B when Kobe shot more, and furthermore Shaq was a post player and Kobe was a wing player... Durant and Westbrook are both jumpshooters who get their points the exact same way and in my view have very similar skillsets... they both shoot a lot of jumpers in transition and off the dribble, while depending heavily on the FT line. I understand FGA is not all that makes you a second option but they basically do the same shyt so :birdman:

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
I think it's better for the Thunder because Durant's too busy caring about his FG% and EFG and other metrics while Westbrook just wanna handle business on the court.

i'd rather have Durant shootin free throws than young sabo takin wild shots

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotdamn right. Durant don't want so Westbrook gonna take it. Crazy part is how crazy OKC would be with Harden & Westbrook instead of Durant & Westbrook.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's better for the Thunder because Durant's too busy caring about his FG% and EFG and other metrics while Westbrook just wanna handle business on the court.

Well scoring title = title :troll: why play defense and not turn the ball over

Vancouver Grizzly Fan

AKA Vancouver Baller
Daps
Reppin
Vancover, BC
Durant has been the 2nd option since all-star break. Westbrook has shown since then, he's the heart of this team with the effort he puts on every game. Truly unappreciated and that's the reason why he'll be coming to LA after his stint with Oklahoma.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
westbrook.jpg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Durant seems more concerned with trying to prove he's a all-around "point forward", when that just isn't his game. If he had Westbrooks mindset he'd averaged 33-35ppg, instead he's out there doing a bootleg LeBron impersonation trying to set people up and turning the ball over in the process.

He was trying hard for that triple double last night too.

The were only up 6 with under a minute to go, he curled around a screen, caught the ball, and passed it Kevin Martin in the corner with like 3 seconds on the shotclock. Passed up an open jumper because he had 9AST at the time. I'm like nikka, you only up 2 possessions in the game and you going for stats

:what:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Durant seems more concerned with trying to prove he's a all-around "point forward", when that just isn't his game. If he had Westbrooks mindset he'd averaged 33-35ppg, instead he's out there doing a bootleg LeBron impersonation trying to set people up and turning the ball over in the process.

If durant could get into that 32+ ppg zone (I think 33+ is a stretch for his current skillset) I have no doubt in my mind they would go 7 games with Miami... hes sabotaging himself (ironically) and the team with this bullshyt he learned from Lebron. IMO Melo is a better player as of the last couple months and it's not even close...