Is Karma Real?

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
:unsure:
I never thought it was.
But when i actually look back at my past and acknowledge all the negative shyt i've done i see that most of those things happen to me afterwards also.

If its real i'm scared as fukk

Juno

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:unsure:
I never thought it was.
But when i actually look back at my past and acknowledge all the negative shyt i've done i see that most of those things happen to me afterwards also.

If its real i'm scared as fukk

Karma in short = What goes around comes around; you reap what you sow; If you do something then something happens as a result; cause and effect.

I'd say karma is real in the sense that If you do "A" you will get "B" according to the nature of "A".
Not that you will get "A" cause of "A". For example...

You punch someone in the face (A). It is not that someone will punch you in the face but because the nature of punching someone in the face is usually associated with violence and bringing distress and suffering to the person on the recieveing end, you will likely soon be met with suffering from violence and / or distress in some form or another (b).

You could suffer from violence by direct retaliation from the person you punched or suffer from the sense of regret, or even from the fear of retaliation..you know constantly worrying and "looking over your shoulder" sort of speak..(you never know)

This is how i see karma working as something "real"

I think most people if they are attentive to their lives could see that there are clearly consequenses for how we live our lives -the actions we take; the choices we make; how we think; the "seeds that are sowed" and so on...

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Karma in short = What goes around comes around; you reap what you sow; If you do something then something happens as a result; cause and effect.

I'd say karma is real in the sense that If you do "A" you will get "B" according to the nature of "A".

You punch someone in the face (A). It is not that someone will punch you in the face but because the nature of punching someone in the face is usually associated with violence and bringing distress and suffering to the person on the recieveing end, you will likely soon be met with suffering from violence and / or distress in some form or another (b).

You could suffer from violence by direct retaliation from the person you punched or suffer from the sense of regret, or even from the fear of retaliation..you know constantly worrying and "looking over your shoulder" sort of speak..(you never know)

I think most people if they are attentive to their lives could see that there are clearly consequenses for how we live our lives -the actions we take; the choices we make; how we think; the "seeds that are sowed" and so on...
Nicely put...

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps

Actually Karma is a Buddhist concept that has to do with reincarnation and future lives. I do believe you reap what you sew but its not called Karma.

Juno

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Actually Karma is a Buddhist concept that has to do with reincarnation and future lives. I do believe you reap what you sew but its not called Karma.

I am aware of that. Karma is a rather complex word with varying implications that is used differently by different buddhist sects. For example.....

The Sanskrit word Karma (or kamma in Pali) literally means action. In Buddhism however, karma mainly refers to one's intention or motivation while doing an action. The Buddha said:

“It is volition that I call karma; for having willed, one acts by body, speech, and mind.”
AN 3:415, from In the Buddha’s Words, p. 146.

(In the west, the word karma is often used for the results of karma; the Sanskrit words for the effects or results of karma are 'vipaka' or 'phala'. )
taken from...Karma