Is Jordan Peele the new M. Night Shyamalan?

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
You mean did he make one good movie and is now spending the rest of his career trying to match that success but can't?

Yep :mjgrin:

In all seriousness though I think the problem is that people expect him to be the weird twist movie guy every time like M Night so he can't just do a normal movie anymore.

It has to be some weirdo ish. So he's probably thinking how can he out weird himself for every movie he does now and it's messing him up.

He needs to do a film completely against his "style" to get out of his own way.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Peele would be better off of he started making movies in other genres - like a good comedy, love story, drama or documentary. That way people wouldn't keep walking into his movies with expectations like they did M. Knight. He can revisit this genre later.

These "shocking twist endings" aren't sustainable no matter how good a writer you are. And M. Knight didn't have to deal with a quarter of the hype: where everyone puts these racial pressures on you, and there are dozens of YouTube videos breaking down the hidden meaning of "I Got Five On It" in some trailer.
That frustrated me and was sad to see. But yeah he needs to take a stab at a different genre instead of the whole "where's the twist at" for every outing. He's got an excellent comedic background with Key & Peele too. Not sure why he hasn't tip toed in the comedic waters every so often. Or even a drama. He could get his Judd Aptow on and still be the black Rod Sterling when the world needs some weird sh*t with a twist at the end.