Is Jordan Peele the new M. Night Shyamalan?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Get Out>>>>>>>> Signs and Unbreakable. Sixth Sense is its equal and after that both US and Nope are better than ANYTHING M.Night did after Sixth Sense

Peele is the superior writer by FAR
:mjlol:

Peele is a "superior writer"? In Nope he tried to explain 40 people disappearing without a trace being because of a flash flood:mjlol:. That's "superior writing"?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thought nope was dope

I knew the love for peele wouldn’t last regardless :unimpressed:

Have a feeling Coogler gonna get the same treatment after BP2

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Sixth sense was his 3rd movie.
I'm not counting an independent film school movie, and a director for hire project. Sixth Sense is the first "M Night" film. And based on that, with Unbreakable and Signs afterwards...he's clearly ahead. I just saw Nope last night for the first time and actually liked it overall. It's a good movie I def want to see again, but it wasn't great.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not counting an independent film school movie, and a director for hire project. Sixth Sense is the first "M Night" film. And based on that, with Unbreakable and Signs afterwards...he's clearly ahead. I just saw Nope last night for the first time and actually liked it overall. It's a good movie I def want to see again, but it wasn't great.
This is some Jordan never lost before 1991 ass logic, but do you breh

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
At least M. night had 3 heaters before he started making bullshyt. Peele had 1 hot movie and everything since been trash.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peele needs another Get Out level flick badly imo.
Peele would be better off of he started making movies in other genres - like a good comedy, love story, drama or documentary. That way people wouldn't keep walking into his movies with expectations like they did M. Knight. He can revisit this genre later.

These "shocking twist endings" aren't sustainable no matter how good a writer you are. And M. Knight didn't have to deal with a quarter of the hype: where everyone puts these racial pressures on you, and there are dozens of YouTube videos breaking down the hidden meaning of "I Got Five On It" in some trailer.

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
What are these phantom movies of his he directed that you made up? Looking like a Kobe Stan adding extra finals losses to LeBron's record and think we wouldn't notice. Candle in the sun ass post

Nobody needs to add extra Finals losses to Bron's record to make it look bad :dead: