Is Jordan Peele the new M. Night Shyamalan?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nope was not trash.

And I'm someone who had Peele 1/4 going into Nope.

He's 2/5 after it.

I still do think he's one of the most protected directors in Hollywood because he's the only black director being allowed in that lane.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Get Out only gets the pub it does because of the political and racial climate in america at the time it came out. If that movie came out in 2014 instead of 2017 when america was still like "we not racist we elected a black man TWICE" nobody would have thought twice about it.

Peele made one polarizing movie at a polarizing time in America and he has been riding that wave every since. Us was trash. Trash. Nope was ok but was hyped as some revolutionary take on the genre which it was never going to be.

I also find it :mjlol: that Peele is like the face of "black horror" and "black psychology" films, but his moms is white and he married to a white woman:mjlol:.

He's not a good director. He has never been a good director. He won't ever be a good director. He just perfectly made a movie that black men who don't fukk with white chicks could watch and be like :salute:, and black men who pawg could watch with their chick and be like "oh wow honey this movie is about is thats so funny :heh:". That's it. That's all. Everything he has done after this had been mid. Everything he does after that will be mid.

And people be like "i like his movies after get out less and less." Of course you do, cause all his other movies don't have a real life political or racial backdrop like get out did, so what exactly is his movie supposed to lean on?