Is Joe Burrow The Most Overrated QB?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Is Joe Burrow the most overrated QB right now? I’m not saying he’s not a top ten QB, but it’s laughable when people put him up with Mahomes, and even up there with a handful of other QB’s.

Other than saying intangible and “He just wins”, what is he elite at? People say Lamar is fragile and a risk for injury, especially when it was contract time, but Burrow is injured ALL the time.

I know our resident LSU fan will likely see the LSU player bat signal and come running in here in full defense, but is Burrow the most overrated QB?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Best white QB since Goat Manning :camby:

:mjlol:.

He’s been living off his LSU season and one Super Bowl appearance for nearly three years now. What does he do that is special?

People say Lamar is always hurt, yet it’s Burrow who’s always hurt. He has more weapons than most QB’s. He’s definitely not even close to be better than Josh Allen either.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I wouldn’t go there just yet but the constant bad starts of the season is weird. It looks like another 0-2 start this season unless they pull off the upset against the Chiefs.

This is a major year for him and the Bengals as a whole. We knew they weren’t going to pay Tee but not paying Chase is idiotic.

There was the thought process with Burrow they would do things better on the financial side but currently that doesn’t seem to be the case.

The injury concern is real too.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yes. He is overrated. He’s riding high off of the one SB appearance and a couple head to head regular season wins against Mahomes from 3 seasons ago. It’s about to be 2025. Debating him with Mahomes is crazy af. Borrow bought more goodwill than any other QB with that super bowl appearance. It’s insane how he’s not really expected to do much of anything else to prove he still belongs in the convo.

Last edited:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I wouldn’t go there just yet but the constant bad starts of the season is weird. It looks like another 0-2 start this season unless they pull off the upset against the Chiefs.

This is a major year for him and the Bengals as a whole. We knew they weren’t going to pay Tee but not paying Chase is idiotic.

There was the thought process with Burrow they would do things better on the financial side but currently that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ll just clarify that when I’m saying overrated, that doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s a top ten QB. He just gets far more praise and passes than other QB’s that have done more.

Edit: The Bengals probably beat the Chiefs this week now that I made this thread.:pachaha:.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Which QB’s would you definitively say Burrow is better than? This is not ordered by where I rank the QB’s, I just went by division.

Rodgers
Allen
Tua
Stroud
Lawrence
Lamar
Mahomes
Herbert
Mayfield
Cousins
Dak
Hurts
Purdy
Stafford
Goff
Love
Man..

Lawrence
Tua
Goff
Cousins
Stafford
Love
Rodgers

:jbhmm:

The others are either a hell no, or it’s debatable.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At what point is that a strike against him? You literally start every season in a hole. Why?

He is def the most overrated QB and its because of the following:

1. White and not super athletic so he must have intagibles like Brady
2. 1 half in KC 3 years ago
3. See number 1

Its not even that he is overrated persay, he is overcaped for. His shortcomings and flaws are overlooked. It was hilarious watching people talk about injury risk for Lamar and why the Ravens should be hesitant to pay him and then Burrow gets broke off with no problem...while injured:mjlol:.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Yes. Which is ironic because he’s my favorite player after Mahomes and Lamar.

But people love calling him the second best QB in the league even though he’s essentially missed 2/4 of his seasons with injuries. Not to mention any time you criticize him people bring up him beating Mahomes one time and a Super Bowl they lost. “Beating Mahomes” would carry more weight if the Bengals actually won the SB that year but they didn’t. So why are we celebrating second place? Why are wins only used as a stat for QBs and not other positions?

When healthy and consistent he’s definitely top 5. But he hasn’t been healthy and consistent since entering the league but people act as if he’s top 2 when Lamar and Allen are way more consistent and durable.

It also helps that he’s a tall white pocket passer. The general public will always give them the benefit of the doubt. :mjpls:

Last edited:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lamar jackson.

but yes, burrow is on the list too. mahomes is in a class of his own, and i really dont rate anybody else like that after him to be honest.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He has been a product of 3 1,000+ yard receivers. Now, 2 of them are hurt and 1 of them (Jamarr Chase) showed up like 1 day before the season. Without his weapons, Burrow is Baker Mayfield.

@Thavoiceofthevoiceless has been propping up Burrow for years to downgrade Lamar. We are seeing Burrow without weapons and it's not pretty.
I don’t think you actually thought about that one Baker Mayfield is a pretty good QB at this point and career.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well he beat Mahomes in the playoffs a few yrs ago, so if you disregard the stats (including his playoff stats; don’t look at those 4th qtrs), accolades, games played, and the fact he’s never played a full season without an elite receiving corps (including Chase and Jefferson on the same team :mjlol:), I don’t see why he shouldn’t be ranked right up there with him