Is Jackie Chan the GOAT asian movie actor?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Bruce had a different aura, his screen presence was grand! I swear, it was like watching some Messiah type figure rather than some chinese man who could fight.
His fight scenes were poetry in motion..chinese connection & enter the dragon..

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like son said Jackie is the best of all time in the action genre, who else has a library of work that is on par?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
12627513454b440e71d2b38.jpg

Q2EEzY

Pro
Daps
3 solid decades worth of flicks, stunt director and his own stuntman, choreographs most fight scenes, has comedic chops and sprinkles in dramatic acting here and there.... Sorry Bruce and Jet... Jackie is forever king in my mind

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wow SMH at some of yall having the audacity to question Jackie Chan as a serious actor. Yall must never saw or really need to go back and check out movies like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04aaKOuyqB8"]New Police Story[/ame], [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdQ2lVpyWg"]Shinjuku Incident[/ame], and even Rob-B-Hood (though if I recall wasnt as serious as the 1st 2 but still)

Shinjuku Incident was ill and gully as fukk!!! Its a role you'd never expect to see Jackie play, its on Netflix, I'd say check it out. New Police Story (and that whole series really) is dope, more on the drama and serious sides.

Jackie mainly only does these corny comedy roles in the US to make reach large audiences and make big money so he can fund the kinda of movies HE likes to do in China (this dude has to pay for not only his but his entire stunt teams medical bills due to no insurance companies in China will cover him and them).

Peeps need to know the reasoning behind some of his moves before yall misjudge him

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
nikkas naming Bruce Lee and other random fighters:comeon: are missing the point of the thread. We aren't talking about best fighters, but all around entertainer. Which jackie is king of...plus that nikka was mean with dem hands.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow SMH at some of yall having the audacity to question Jackie Chan as a serious actor. Yall must never saw or really need to go back and check out movies like New Police Story, Shinjuku Incident, and even Rob-B-Hood (though if I recall wasnt as serious as the 1st 2 but still)

Shinjuku Incident was ill and gully as fukk!!! Its a role you'd never expect to see Jackie play, its on Netflix, I'd say check it out. New Police Story (and that whole series really) is dope, more on the drama and serious sides.

Jackie mainly only does these corny comedy roles in the US to make reach large audiences and make big money so he can fund the kinda of movies HE likes to do in China (this dude has to pay for not only his but his entire stunt teams medical bills due to no insurance companies in China will cover him and them).

Peeps need to know the reasoning behind some of his moves before yall misjudge him

Nah Jackie was doing the comedy through out his career, long before his US crossover movies. That was always part of his style, but he was also able to flip on the serious tone if neccissary. Thats not a slight against him, some of his best asian made films are high on comedy (i actually think they were better at comedy than his western films).

And yeah New Police Story was dope and very serious but Police Story 1-3 had a whole lotta comedy in it. Police Story 1 is my favorite Jackie movie too. Shinjuku Incident was really dope, but even in China they noted that it was a departure from his signature style.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
so bruce lee wasnt an entertainer? :shaq: personally hes up there with michael jordan and :mj: even after his death his example is still inspiring people to better themselves not just physically but mentally as well, ask jackie chan hed say hes got nothin on bruce lee, yeah jackie chan is good at getting hurt or putting his life in harms way for entertainment purposes but does that make him better?

thats like comparing bret hart to mick foley, just because mick foley falls off a cage or blows himself up or wraps himself in barbwire does that make him the best wrestler of all time?

Daps
Andy Lau and Donnie Yen though. But for the late 80s and 90s Jackie was the best. He was making some crazy ass films. And remember he does his own stunts since he was Bruce's stuntman. In terms of fighting style, Tony Jaa.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
so bruce lee wasnt an entertainer? :shaq: personally hes up there with michael jordan and :mj: even after his death his example is still inspiring people to better themselves not just physically but mentally as well, ask jackie chan hed say hes got nothin on bruce lee, yeah jackie chan is good at getting hurt or putting his life in harms way for entertainment purposes but does that make him better?

thats like comparing bret hart to mick foley, just because mick foley falls off a cage or blows himself up or wraps himself in barbwire does that make him the best wrestler of all time?

Jackie chan has a better movie catalog than Bruce. End of duscussion.

Now go to bed.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nah Jackie was doing the comedy through out his career, long before his US crossover movies. That was always part of his style, but he was also able to flip on the serious tone if neccissary. Thats not a slight against him, some of his best asian made films are high on comedy (i actually think they were better at comedy than his western films).

And yeah New Police Story was dope and very serious but Police Story 1-3 had a whole lotta comedy in it. Police Story 1 is my favorite Jackie movie too. Shinjuku Incident was really dope, but even in China they noted that it was a departure from his signature style.

I'm sorry, maybe I need to clarify my context, he wasn't doing shyt like The Tuxedo or Shanghi Noon, or etc style comedy. It was closer to Supercop style