Is Jackie Chan the GOAT asian movie actor?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
He got the quality and quantity i gotta go with yes. I seen in that rush hour 4 thread hes retiring from martial art movies, but does that count movies like karate kid where hes not doin too much physical activity?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I personally rate him over Bruce Lee and Jet Li

that's just my preference tho, Watching Jackie is like watching Ballet, its art. (Same applies to Bruce and Jet also, but I feel like Jackie mastered it) As opposed to seeing someone just beat someone up. Jackie in his prime was just a far better acrobat than both those guys IMO.

There are things Jackie can do that both Bruce Lee and Jet Li simply can't do. While Jackie can do EVERYTHING those guys CAN DO and more

The director of Enter The Dragon (Bruce Lee's last film) even admitted that

but since Bruce Lee is a bigger icon, and did it first people prefer to give him the nod. Same reason why some people still put Rakim over Nas even though everyone knows Nas long surpassed him.

Green Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
How old is he now?

The only Asian actor I can think of that doesn't do the martial arts thing is the guy from Harold and Kumar.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most of the movies chan does are on some goofy/comedy type shyt. Jet li can do those and a variety of other roles.

At least the movies I've seen anyway

Q2EEzY

Pro
Daps
Dude is 58 years old and still doing action movies...

Fukk goat asian... hes probably my favorite action star of all time. No one can hold a candle to what he has done

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
most of the movies chan does are on some goofy/comedy type shyt. Jet li can do those and a variety of other roles.

At least the movies I've seen anyway

Goofy roles or not the level of skill displayed in films like Dragons Forever and Drunken Master trumps 95% of the skill displayed in so called "serious" fighting films

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell no. Tony Leung Chiu Wai is the GOAT asian movie actor.

Jackie is the GOAT action movie actor, and realistically, Jet Li is the GOAT martial arts actor. Bruce Lee is just legendary, he is a different category all together

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
His 80s - mid 90s string of classics is untouchable.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Off the strength of doing most of his own stunts his whole career, i gotta c/s. Don't know anybody else on that level AND with the longevity. They shoulda put that ninja in the Expendables over Jet Li.

Dr_ngo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aXUwX.jpg

Toshiro Mifune is my nomination for da gawd.

How many undisputed classics has this guy given us with Kurosawa?

Even among Chinese actors, I don't think Jackie can top these two.

SQfpr.jpg

Andy Lau

HxSWC.jpg

Tony Leung Chiu Wai

Jackie's the GOAT action star. But if we're talking about serious acting, he can't touch these guys.

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
by asian, if you guys mean "east asian," then i agree with the above post...

Shintarô Katsu is pretty good too, btw...

:cheers:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
[ame=http://youtu.be/LVhRG0PQMBc]Gordon Liu: drunken boxing contro karate (Heroes of the East) - YouTube[/ame]

Gordon Liu

but none ofem are seein da gawd bruce, not only did he school dudes on how to fight, he schooled cats on the philosophies of life, he taught people to live dude was like a real life jedi master

[ame]http://youtu.be/jDbsuRiqsXg[/ame]