Is it worth it to get a PS5 without a 4K TV?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this dude’s eyes about to explode when he watch a movie on the new joint:mjlol:

jumping from a 4K LED to an OLED was a noticeable leap for me…to go from 1080 to an OLED is gonna be something else lol

For real. That jump from vanilla 4K to OLED was crazy. Going from my C1 to my G3 was a big enough jump that I literally went into the room I had the C1 in, and checked it to make sure I hadn't accidentally fukked it up somehow or something. :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't know why you think I'm broke.

I'm certainly not rich but I make 135k per year. I'm just very frugal and don't like to spend unless it's necessary or when something is extremely outdated.

I just bought a $900 phone last month lol (S23 Ultra).

I guess 2k? I don't like buying electronics year after year. I want it to last.

Thanks for the recs.
You're not broke. Get an LG G3 OLED and call it a day. You'll probably be good for close to a decade since 8K is dead in the water. And buy the largest one you can fit in whatever room you have. That way, you won't see one in the wild and have buyer's remorse.

DO NOT buy a garbage Chinese budget TV like TCL or Vizio

DO NOT buy a Sony OLED because you're paying extra for mostly the name, LG makes their panels

DO NOT buy a Samsung QD-OLED until they iron out the bugs and stop cheating with the colors to fool reviewers.

I get being frugal, but this isn't the place to be cheap. Get something high quality and be good for a long time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Preach

Low key, it does the opposite effect if we’re keeping it a buck :sas2:
Pretty much. People who accumulate wealth tend to think more in terms of how a purchase serves them and if they even need it. People who aren't wealthy are more influenced by marketing and want the latest and greatest.

I been trying to get out of being so influenced by marketing and buying new things just because it's new.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan