Is it selfish for single mothers to not want anymore kids?

YBE

Banned
Daps
I know yall playas don't fukk with chicks with kids :jawalrus:

But for the sake of this thread, yall do. Let's assume you meet a bad broad, one outside the scope of your usual capacities. Let's assume she has 1 or 2 kids. Is it selfish for that woman to expect to meet a man to take care of her & her kid(s) & not give that man some of his own?

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Ultimately I want kids of my own, with my genetic material and all that good shyt that verifies that they came from my sperm. So in my case it would be a selfish move if a woman said 'no mas' after already having 1-2 other kids. With that said, if she says straight up she don't want anymore kids and you wife her anyway, you knew what you were doing.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why you have to be clear on your expectations when you date. If you don't and you marry someone who doesn't want kids, you're going to be :sadcam: with your stepkids.

SecretLover

iMAThugsDOLL ♥
Daps
Reppin
Pluto
Yea that's a topic that needs to be discussed early on I see both sides point of view though.

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
It's not selfish at all. If I ever date a single mother, I would want one who thought that way so I wouldn't have any issues such as the kid having a bond with me or the mother thinking that we could have been a family.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
As a man if a female tells you "I DON"T WANT ANY KIDS" believe her.

Believing a long term relationship or marriage will make take away the traumatization of being a single parent (or not wanting kids in general) you're setting yourself up for failure.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I think it is

Single mothers are already at a disadvantage in the dating markets by having kids

So if they are fortunate enough to find a man that looks past all of that and get involved in a serious relationship with them it's only fair to give him kids of his own

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, you got to know what you're getting yourself into. I know a couple of people that got divorced because one person wanted children and the other one didn't.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Looking back though, I would have to say that it's not selfish. She has already had the children she wanted to have. If a dude wants children, he'll have to move on to someone who is willing to have kids with them. It's too many other women in the world to make this one chick that already has children to have any more with you.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It's not selfish. She feels she has enough and wants to focus on the ones she already has. From the man's perspective, he isn't selfish for choosing not to want to be in a situation where he will never have kids of his own, but be taking care of another man's kids.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Nope but if she requires a man to not have kids....

thats a spin off for another thread.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
just avoid women who have that mindset, and you're good.....I swear, I know you're a Black man, OP.....Only we encounter damaged goods who thinks it can make demands, often? :smh:

:jawalrus: