Is it not insane that Hogwarts is outselling Elden Ring with no media coverage??

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y'all waste hours of your lives every day arguing about console "exclusives" when these multiplat tentpole blockbusters like this, CoD, Madden, etc. gonna sell more than double every "exclusive" combined. Like they always have and always will :mjlol:

Its not about sales, its about choice

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like the overwhelming majority of people actually buying and playing non-Nintendo console games always "choose" multiplats then :mjlol:

Again, i can play both hogwarts and god of war, its about choice. I’d rather play two good games instead of one

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It hasn’t even been out for a week yet, so don’t they have to wait until they publish the final numbers anyway

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This game was getting MASSIVE amounts of hype even before all the controversy. Harry Potter is a huge worldwide phenomenon, all the game had to do was be DECENT and it was going to do blockbuster numbers.

I think people underestimate the fandom and just how much that fandom has been clamoring for an open world Harry Potter game.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Also there’s been TONS of media coverage surrounding this game and Rowling herself (which leads back to the game)

The NY Times JUST published an article defending her and there’s a big docu-podcast series centered around her coming out next week that the media has been hyping. JK Rowling and Hogwarts Legacy have been damn near dominating the worldwide news cycle for the past month. If all of these goddamn mass shootings and weird UFO sightings weren’t happening then everything connected to Rowling would be the center of the media

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Its really the alphabet gang in general

I've noticed all the vanilla (as in safe, not, white) streamers starting to stream and play it.

The boycott failed hard.

I'm talking middling streamers/YT'rs that's tryna make it don't give a fukk.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The weird thing is none of the major game podcasts I follow reviewed it or even talked about it