is it fair to say PC's will hold back next-gen consoles?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a 2080ti and still game at 4K least as possible. Well my Monitor is Super Ultra Wide 49 inches so I don’t have much of a choice if I want full screen but still. Performance >>>>> Any Resolution over 1440p.

Which was exactly the point I was making, the 2070 super has a severe performance drop off when it comes to 4k, the card is struggling, it's not a 4k card, the fact you have to turn stuff down is proof enough of that

this is what I was saying the whole time, the 2080ti cost twice as much as the 2070 super yet they calling the 2070 super a high end card, lmao, that card is for people who can't shell out money for the 2080ti, period

the 3080 is going to be 4k card for NVIDIA that will be future proof

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Which was exactly the point I was making, the 2070 super has a severe performance drop off when it comes to 4k, the card is struggling, it's not a 4k card, the fact you have to turn stuff down is proof enough of that

this is what I was saying the whole time, the 2080ti cost twice as much as the 2070 super yet they calling the 2070 super a high end card, lmao, that card is for people who can't shell out money for the 2080ti, period

the 3080 is going to be 4k card for NVIDIA that will be future proof

no fakkit you said it couldnt do 4k at all, then switched the subject to 60 fps 4k

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no fakkit you said it couldnt do 4k at all, then switched the subject to 60 fps 4k

No I did not, we literally had an entire debate about the cards performance at 4k, yet you assume I meant you couldn't select 4k settings in the menu

get the fukk outta here, now you being a fakkit, just because you lost the argument and you still haven't come with any receipts

take your ass to sleep

:umad:

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
all you have to do is prove it

you can't, until you show the game running in 60 everything you saying is ducktales

The settings in Fallen Order don't do shyt for the performance, you can put everything on low the game will look exactly the fukking same and you will barely get a performance do, it can't run on 60 at 4k period lmao

which is why you have no RECEIPTS

If I'm wrong SHOW ME, Don't tell me
You said every pc gameplay of fallen order on 4k with a 2070 super could not reach 60 fps. The videos you showed were running the game at max settings. You already did a 180. Too late to undo that.

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
all you have to do is prove it

you can't, until you show the game running in 60 everything you saying is ducktales

The settings in Fallen Order don't do shyt for the performance, you can put everything on low the game will look exactly the fukking same and you will barely get a performance do, it can't run on 60 at 4k period lmao

which is why you have no RECEIPTS

If I'm wrong SHOW ME, Don't tell me
I'm honestly more amused at you attempting to brag about how much money you have. We get it, you buy the absolute best shyt. Anything that isn't the best is shyt to you. Doesn't change the fact that I was playing it at 4k 60 :mjlol:

"b-b-b-b-but it wasn't max settings" :sadbron:
"b-b-b-b-but it dropped to 59 fps for a couple seconds" :sadbron:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I dont know why yall keep mentioning high end pc parts , when the rtx 2070 super which is comparable to what the ps5 has
is only used by like 2% of steam users and thats a high end pc part coming in at more than $400.

Game developers always developed to the baseline , how could they developed a game on PC that has a minumun requirement of an SSD? That would drive away like half the PC market.

I wouldn’t call the 2070 super high end.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
meh
i adopted pc gaming like 2 years ago and I'm never going back to console gaming

Games are cheaper, can easily get cracked games. I use a xbox controller and hdmi out and im good to go!

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wouldn’t call the 2070 super high end.
i always viewed it in above mid, but slightly below high-tier. Kinda in b/w both. But I guess I’m wrong :yeshrug:

before TI's and Supers and all these modifications came out to squeeze consumers for money, it was just the "80" and "70" version as the highest versions of nvidia cards. They would release basically 10-80 versions (think 910, 920, 950, 960, 970, 980 etc.) at all different price points or for laptops.

They started testing the waters with a later released date than the 10-80 versions would drop, with a 90 version (990 GTX as example) at a higher price point and it sold decent with the enthusiast , so they started releasing these TI and Super versions every release and started advertising them more.

By all means, the "70" version of nvidia cards has always been high end, 2nd only and usually $100 less than the the "80 version" its been like this for like 20 years. Only on the coli do people try to change the narrative of something set in stone for decades :snoop: