Is it a good idea to do push-ups everyday?

Daps
when I used to train kung fu they had us doing them on our fists and on three fingers, so try that out too...it'll help with your wrist strength when you punch and your finger strength for when you finger girls.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I might start with this too, aint having no problems with benching or shyt because I always do my rotator cuff exercises (I can only recommend this to EVERYBODY here who isnt already doing it, used to skip them two when I started working out and after some time it made it harder to increase my benching and my shoulders would feel a bit off here & there. Since I do them, problem solved) and pushups seem to do good work for adding a lil extra to your chest. One of my homies switched from the gym to bodyweight exercises like pull ups, pushups, dips etc. etc. and dude is actually still in a good shape.
But how should I do it on days I'm at the gym. Do them before or after I go ?

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I might start with this too, aint having no problems with benching or shyt because I always do my rotator cuff exercises (I can only recommend this to EVERYBODY here who isnt already doing it, used to skip them two when I started working out and after some time it made it harder to increase my benching and my shoulders would feel a bit off here & there. Since I do them, problem solved) and pushups seem to do good work for adding a lil extra to your chest. One of my homies switched from the gym to bodyweight exercises like pull ups, pushups, dips etc. etc. and dude is actually still in a good shape.

@Originalgangsta317

Daps

Have you saw my calisthenics thread?

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Have you saw my calisthenics thread?

Yeah I peeped that a while ago I think, but I'd just like to include those 100 push ups a day into my routine, but I dont know if I should do it before hitting the gym or afterwards. :jbhmm:
If I do it before I go and I'm not used to it could it be possible that my lifts will suck in the beginning ? But if I do it afterwards, especially after chest day, it would be hard af

Daps
Yeah I peeped that a while ago I think, but I'd just like to include those 100 push ups a day into my routine, but I dont know if I should do it before hitting the gym or afterwards. :jbhmm:
If I do it before I go and I'm not used to it could it be possible that my lifts will suck in the beginning ? But if I do it afterwards, especially after chest day, it would be hard af

Nah you can do the calisthenics routine on different days from the weights.

But if you tryna lift everyday then I'd just do push-ups in pull-ups between sets while lifting.

I used to do push-ups in between every set of bench and dumbbell.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Do them before. Do 100 body squats and 100 push-ups right after you wake up. Hell you can bang out 100 push-ups before going to the club or going into work to alleviate that stale flabby and sick look and get a lil pump.

100 push-ups is not going to kill you ever. Whether you do them before or after your never going to train hard enough where 100 push-ups is harmful to you or is going to overtrain you or disrupt your workout goals.

Although you don't use your upper body in the same compound way, think about when you get out of a chair or off the couch or out of bed. That is equal to a bodyweight squat. Unless your literally rolling over and on to your feet. Your not t going to ever workout hard enough to where you can't stand up.

Individually you will tax out. I can do about 600 push-ups per day in increments before my body says "that's enough" and failure comes into it. I've never been able to maintain consistency to continue to go longer than about 9 days doing that nor have I been able to tinker with the variables like doing more than 600. Thats me though, you gotta do you.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens

I've been following this method for about a week and I'm doing much more push-ups then I ever done:ehh:
I highly suggest this to anyone trynna get their pushup game up:ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Do them before. Do 100 body squats and 100 push-ups right after you wake up. Hell you can bang out 100 push-ups before going to the club or going into work to alleviate that stale flabby and sick look and get a lil pump.

100 push-ups is not going to kill you ever. Whether you do them before or after your never going to train hard enough where 100 push-ups is harmful to you or is going to overtrain you or disrupt your workout goals.

Although you don't use your upper body in the same compound way, think about when you get out of a chair or off the couch or out of bed. That is equal to a bodyweight squat. Unless your literally rolling over and on to your feet. Your not t going to ever workout hard enough to where you can't stand up.

Individually you will tax out. I can do about 600 push-ups per day in increments before my body says "that's enough" and failure comes into it. I've never been able to maintain consistency to continue to go longer than about 9 days doing that nor have I been able to tinker with the variables like doing more than 600. Thats me though, you gotta do you.

Thanks for the info :wow::salute:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Will starting off with modified push ups help build strength to ease into regular push ups?

if you are consistent with the modified push-ups and increase your sets/rep range to high amount for at least a month or two- I don't see why not.

this young lady in the video broke it down.

another vid

also, don't forget to squat. :takedat:

Last edited: