Is it a good idea to do push-ups everyday?

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
anyone got tips on how to actually feel push-ups in your chest? i've tried a bunch of different hand placements and stuff but it always seems like i'm putting more work on my shoulders and tris than my pecs.

Alternate between constant tension and full reps while squeezing your pecs together as tight as possible. Try doing incline pushups too

Daps
anyone got tips on how to actually feel push-ups in your chest? i've tried a bunch of different hand placements and stuff but it always seems like i'm putting more work on my shoulders and tris than my pecs.
mind-muscle connection...google it

activate the muscle by placing your consciousness there

then play with different hand positions and body orientations.

ie. stagger stance; wide stance; narrow diamond stance; weighted incline; etc.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to crank out at least 100 everyday but worried about overtraining and all that. I do a dedicated high volume chest day once a week.

100 a day is light work. We did more in ROTC in school. Basic training for the military? :mjlol: 100 is considered not doing any at all. Like if they had a day (other than a day off) where they only did 100) the cadets would be like :wtf:?

We were easily doing more than 100 a day for high school football.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Herschel was actually my inspiration for changing up. I was always in pain from heavy lifting, couldn't sleep through the night, taking pain killers and shyt. Even considered having shoulder surgery just to keep lifting. shyt was just dumb.:snoop: I've been on some push-up, pull-ups, & crunches steeze for a lil minute now. I built up to a 100 a set over the course of a few years though. I gradually increased from 40, 50, 60, 65, 75, 85, to 100 a set. I switch between a wide grip and close grip every other set, shyt helps alot.
my father and i just talked about herschel walker just the other week and that insane routine of his. reading more up on it again maybe me rethink a lot about how i train and just using renaissance type of approach to my health.