Is Hollywood Hogan's use of Voodoo Child the best entrance music in wrestling history?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
It's even funnier watching the first few months of the Hollywood character you can tell in ring wise he's trying to learn how to work as a heel, it's crazy to watch:wow:
nrCHwiz.png
I STARTED IN THE 70'S AS A HEEL, YOUNG MAN!

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Hogan + Voodoo Child + Buffer on the mic = Greatness

I just realized Dusty Rhodes gave away the fukking finish at 8:28 by saying that there was no controversy over Nick Patrick being the ref :pachaha: WCW announcers stayed giving away the big swerve.

And that finish is still terrible, damn near 20 years later.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Maybe not the best theme...then again, maybe...certainly in the top 3 of ring entrances overall if not THEE best. I wish he woulda came back as Hollywood in the WWE.

Guitar licks hit.
Bischoff comes outta the smoke doing the jet thing...points towards the gorilla position
the biggest icon in professional wrestling
*plays Big Gold like a guitar*
new-new-new-new-new-new world order
"i love this man!" *Kisses Bischoff on the forehead*
*talks shyt while walking down the isle*
*Sings along with Jimi*
"Well, I stand up next to a mountain And I chop it down with the edge of my hand"
*chops down invisible mountain*
*grabs 'the house that hollywood built' sign out of the crowd and shows it off to the camera*
*runs a lap in the ring with the NWO world championship above his head then places it on Bischoffs shoulder*
*ear taunt**motorcycle**bunch of flex poses**rips shirts off*
Spotlight comes on
*cuts 10 minute promo*
money is made BRAH!

Last edited:

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
if u hated Hollywood Hogan and Austin heel........You are goin to LOVE Cena Heel,

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
This is gonna be hard for some people to hear, and I say this as a professed Hogan mark... but Hollywood Hogan was corny.

:whoa:

Now I know he's obviously the most successful performer in the history of wrestling and I'm just a no name forum poster, so it's not like I have the right to say that he did anything "wrong"... but in my humble opinion I firmly believe he took the wrong approach to that character.

When you watch Hogan in shoot interviews the dude is just cool as fukk. Calm and collected but just swag comin out the pores. Like even when he's lyin his ass off and just bein a huge mark for himself he does it with such effortless confidence. Like he knows he's the shyt and he don't gotta prove shyt to no one.

That should have been Hollywood Hogan. The cool Hogan. The swagged out Hogan. Would have fit perfectly alongside Hall and Nash.

But there was nothing "cool" about Hollywood Hogan. If anything he was the complete OPPOSITE of Hall and Nash. Always screaming at the top of his lungs like he was cutting a Mean Gene promo ("ALL MY NWO-ITES!!! :snoop:), always acting like a coward and hiding behind his goons whenever someone tried to check him... the dude was a complete chickenshyt. And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

It just didn't make sense to me. It never did. I know Hogan was a heel and they wanted to get heat on him but I think he should have still been portrayed as a dominant competitor. He should have been just as unbeatable and just as unshakeable as when he was a face.... only as a heel. I'm talkin hulk ups, kickin out of finishers... the guy should have been an absolute monster. Because now you have a guy that's unbeatable AND cheats... AND has a legion of goons who'd step in.

So when someone from WCW (namely Sting) does finally beat him... it's a big fukkin deal. You just beat Hulk Hogan. The god. The icon of wrestling. But instead beating Hogan didn't carry as much weight cause he was portrayed like such a p*ssy.

fukkin Karl Malone and Jay Leno weren't even afraid of Hollywood Hogan.

Always felt the heel stuff never made sense logically, he should have still had the old mannerisms but it probably ran the risk of possibly getting cheers but he would have been more on that Brock Lesnar unbeatable steez

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I just realized Dusty Rhodes gave away the fukking finish at 8:28 by saying that there was no controversy over Nick Patrick being the ref :pachaha: WCW announcers stayed giving away the big swerve.

And that finish is still terrible, damn near 20 years later.
Heenan almost blew Hogan going heel as soon as he walked out. Schiavone had to cover and say "what are you talking about?!"