Is Hollywood Hogan's use of Voodoo Child the best entrance music in wrestling history?

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
ALSO, THINK ABOUT THIS

the HOLLYWOOD people making the Jimi Hendrix bopic starring andre3k of outkast CANT get his music in the movie. HOLLYWOOD MONEY CANT DO IT

but HOLLYWOOD HULK F'N HOGAN USED IT EVERY WEEK FOR A WRESTLING SHOW

hulk paid them big bucks for that permission. only one real Hollywood, and thats the hulkster

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I thought I was the only one walking this planet who thought this.:blessed:

Breh this dude went from saying prayers and taking vitamins to jumping fools and trolling grand mothers :mjlol:

It's even funnier watching the first few months of the Hollywood character you can tell in ring wise he's trying to learn how to work as a heel, it's crazy to watch:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm taking you hated heel Austin as well?

Yup. Hated it.

Didn't make sense for Austin to side with Vince. It completely went against everything he stood for. I've since heard that Austin regrets the decision as well and had he been able to do it again he would have instead gave Vince a stunner when he extended his hand.

Another reason I hated the heel turn was because I thought it completely robbed the wrestling world of the finish it deserved. That match was billed as the 2 greatest going head to head and we deserved a winner, a FAIR winner. I know they were both huge stars and I'm sure it was difficult to convince one of them to take the pin as a face but shyt if Hogan could do it for Warrior then one of them should have done it too.

That was the only time the 2 ever squared off in their absolute primes and I thought it was a shame that it had to end in a fukk finish.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can admit this even given all the fukkery that occurred. .. Hollywood Hogan's entrance at Starrcade 1997 is one of my personal fave wrestler walkouts ever.

And this

U can't tell me this wasn't the coolest place to be on the planet at that moment.

Hogan's name is on the single 2 greatest movements in the history of pro wrestling. The NWO and Hulkamania.:wow:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
This is gonna be hard for some people to hear, and I say this as a professed Hogan mark... but Hollywood Hogan was corny.

:whoa:

Now I know he's obviously the most successful performer in the history of wrestling and I'm just a no name forum poster, so it's not like I have the right to say that he did anything "wrong"... but in my humble opinion I firmly believe he took the wrong approach to that character.

When you watch Hogan in shoot interviews the dude is just cool as fukk. Calm and collected but just swag comin out the pores. Like even when he's lyin his ass off and just bein a huge mark for himself he does it with such effortless confidence. Like he knows he's the shyt and he don't gotta prove shyt to no one.

That should have been Hollywood Hogan. The cool Hogan. The swagged out Hogan. Would have fit perfectly alongside Hall and Nash.

But there was nothing "cool" about Hollywood Hogan. If anything he was the complete OPPOSITE of Hall and Nash. Always screaming at the top of his lungs like he was cutting a Mean Gene promo ("ALL MY NWO-ITES!!! :snoop:), always acting like a coward and hiding behind his goons whenever someone tried to check him... the dude was a complete chickenshyt. And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

It just didn't make sense to me. It never did. I know Hogan was a heel and they wanted to get heat on him but I think he should have still been portrayed as a dominant competitor. He should have been just as unbeatable and just as unshakeable as when he was a face.... only as a heel. I'm talkin hulk ups, kickin out of finishers... the guy should have been an absolute monster. Because now you have a guy that's unbeatable AND cheats... AND has a legion of goons who'd step in.

So when someone from WCW (namely Sting) does finally beat him... it's a big fukkin deal. You just beat Hulk Hogan. The god. The icon of wrestling. But instead beating Hogan didn't carry as much weight cause he was portrayed like such a p*ssy.

fukkin Karl Malone and Jay Leno weren't even afraid of Hollywood Hogan.
None of that would've worked. He was already hulking up and cheating to win as the Hulkster. So basically you just want to have the same guy do the same things, switch to wearing cooler gear more in line with the 90's and better theme, act like a total badass instead of a corny babyface and still beat everyone's ass? And fans are gonna boo this man...why, exactly?

Nah. Wouldnt work. Its the same reason Austin became a chickenshyt when he turned heel. Just joining McMahon wouldnt have been enough. If he kept acting the same way he still would have been cheered over whatever face he was up against. You may not like the change but its necessary or the entire operation falls apart.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
This is gonna be hard for some people to hear, and I say this as a professed Hogan mark... but Hollywood Hogan was corny.

:whoa:

Now I know he's obviously the most successful performer in the history of wrestling and I'm just a no name forum poster, so it's not like I have the right to say that he did anything "wrong"... but in my humble opinion I firmly believe he took the wrong approach to that character.

When you watch Hogan in shoot interviews the dude is just cool as fukk. Calm and collected but just swag comin out the pores. Like even when he's lyin his ass off and just bein a huge mark for himself he does it with such effortless confidence. Like he knows he's the shyt and he don't gotta prove shyt to no one.

That should have been Hollywood Hogan. The cool Hogan. The swagged out Hogan. Would have fit perfectly alongside Hall and Nash.

But there was nothing "cool" about Hollywood Hogan. If anything he was the complete OPPOSITE of Hall and Nash. Always screaming at the top of his lungs like he was cutting a Mean Gene promo ("ALL MY NWO-ITES!!! :snoop:), always acting like a coward and hiding behind his goons whenever someone tried to check him... the dude was a complete chickenshyt. And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

It just didn't make sense to me. It never did. I know Hogan was a heel and they wanted to get heat on him but I think he should have still been portrayed as a dominant competitor. He should have been just as unbeatable and just as unshakeable as when he was a face.... only as a heel. I'm talkin hulk ups, kickin out of finishers... the guy should have been an absolute monster. Because now you have a guy that's unbeatable AND cheats... AND has a legion of goons who'd step in.

So when someone from WCW (namely Sting) does finally beat him... it's a big fukkin deal. You just beat Hulk Hogan. The god. The icon of wrestling. But instead beating Hogan didn't carry as much weight cause he was portrayed like such a p*ssy.

fukkin Karl Malone and Jay Leno weren't even afraid of Hollywood Hogan.

:stopitslime:

nikkas just be contrarians sometimes b