Is HBO's 'Rome' anywhere in your top 5-10?

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I watched the first two or three episodes a few years after it was already canceled. Couldn't get into it and I didn't want to force myself knowing the show had no real conclusion.

That type of show was before its time. Seems like it'd probably be a bigger deal if it came out now.

J.Connor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Metro Detroit
Show had so much potential, I was legit upset when they announced that season 2 was gonna be the last. I think they could have stretched out the Julius Ceasar arc until mid/end of season 2. But once they announced the cancellation, season 2 was just a jumbled fast-forward story. But the way Pullo was catching bodies out there with no fukks given :banderas:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I think Carnivale was severely underrated... so that and Big Love bump rome out the HBO top 10 :manny:

its not even touching top 10 show overall.....

Last edited:
Daps
Its def. in my personal top 10 shows of all time.

The show had so much potential and was really well put together from the acting, directing, production values etc.

It really is a shame that HBO had to cancel it due to budget constrains and the writers had to pretty much cram, what seemed like, 2 seasons worth of material into that final second season.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It was an amazing show, definitely ahead of its time. Very expensive to make, i believe they said it was costing them a Mil each episode, and i know the execs at hbo always said cancelling rome was there biggest regret and mistake.

Favorite hbo shows, no specific order.
The wire
The sopranos
Game of thrones
Entourage
Curb your enthusiasm
Oz
Eastbound and down

Rome definitely is in my top 5 hbo shows, not overall top 5, maybe top 10

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Show had so much potential, I was legit upset when they announced that season 2 was gonna be the last. I think they could have stretched out the Julius Ceasar arc until mid/end of season 2. But once they announced the cancellation, season 2 was just a jumbled fast-forward story. But the way Pullo was catching bodies out there with no fukks given :banderas:
they had 4-5 seasons that they were gonna do... all the way up to the birth of christ. sh*t woulda been piff

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm hooked. Slow day at work. Binging. This is my day time show and Spartacus at night

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
HBO's run from like 1995 to 2015 was legendary. Kinda fell off now though. put too many eggs in that game of thrones basket.
HBO dusted their shoulders off with GoT quickly.

Succession, which I think is the best they have to offer, along with Watchmen, Barry, Chernobyl and Curb have been great. COVID-19 has been a thorn in their eye. There are other gems too, just a bit hidden and not as accessible as the aforementioned.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
HBO dusted their shoulders off with GoT quickly.

Succession, which I think is the best they have to offer, along with Watchmen, Barry, Chernobyl and Curb have been great. COVID-19 has been a thorn in their eye. There are other gems too, just a bit hidden and not as accessible as the aforementioned.
Succession I will finally dig into once I finish my period piece binge.