Is going to a wrestling show live worth it?

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Depends on the show
If it’s wwe ,see a smackdown show, raw is brutal with all the commercial breaks

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Went to AEW grandslam in queens this year

It was pretty fun, honestly the crowd was mostly regular people. No neckbeards in my area at least :manny:

There was this one lady that just came with her man’s and she slept the whole time

Gonna try to go to raw or Smackdown soon
Right. I went to Grand Slam last year and it wasnt as many neckbeards as youd think.

I was also at the now infamous Extreme Rules where Roman fought AJ and got destroyed by chants the whole match. I even sat near a future neckbeard little kid at a Smackdown in 2014 who kept chanting both parts of "Let's Go Cena! Cena Sucks!" I wanted to smack him.

ROH is fun too. One time i went to one of their shows in the ballpark at Coney and this drunk chick was heckling the wrestlers. Got the first and probably only "fukk him up though" chant in wrestling. Only Brooklyn.

Indies are fun too but that smell thing, while a stereotype, is still a thing.

Mostly though its a good time. Ive always had fun

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yes, but only if you get a good deal on some quality seats. Got front row seats earlier this year to Raw and it was lit.

Still want to hit a Big 4 ppv (RR 20 doesn’t count) once in my life.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They can be fun.
Been to WWE (House show, PPVs, Raw/Smackdowns), RoH/New Japan (House show kinda)and AEW shows (All Out) and they're all good.
WWE house shows are decent if you want a family outing, even the non WWE shows are pretty hyped and fun depending on whos featured. About 4 years I went to a ROH/Japan show and the Bullet Club/Elite main evented what was essientally a house show and it was more fun watching them live than on tv. WWE PPVs can be alright depending on where though the length in person is felt (Pause) same with AEW PPVs. Smackdown/Raw tapings there is some weird breaks but crowd is into it at least when I went in 2017 and 2019

Best bet is to try to WWE house show

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Yeah, its worth it. I've been to a couple of House Shows , two PPVs (2001 Judgment Day , 2005 Royal Rumble) and a Monday Night Raw five years ago . All were a blast , especially the PPVs . The fukkery at the Rumble I went to was :bryan:

I appreciated the business more seeing it live cause you can see all that goes into making a show .

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'd say it's worth it, especially if you have kids. My son (who was 6 then) went to the summer tour when Cena returned and the first Raw after Mania when Cody returned. The kid marked the fukk out and had a blast...pyro's a bit loud though.

The lack of commentary is a bit of a drawback, but the spectacle and showmanship are fun to observe. You really get a feel of how much gets put into putting on a play-fighting show with a big budget.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
A PPV is worth it, especially if the event relies on crowd participation such as the Rumble. I'm eying this year's Rumble as a birthday present to the GF, so I'm excited.

It is also best to go with a group of people who also rock with the product like you do.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
IMO a Pay-Per-View is worth it, but a TV show would not be unless it's taped in advance. Been to a couple of live TV shows, and each time hated it because of the down time due to commercials.

Daps
It's still funny to remember seeing Roman getting that organic cheer from my city at Royal Rumble 2014 ( lost to Batista)

Just for him to get booed in Philly badly a year later at Royal Rumble 2015 as the true babyface

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Went to Wrestlemania 34 and saw Takeover, HOF, Raw, Smackdown and various indies that weekend. Great time except for the HOF. Sat next to this big fat guy who stunk and was sweaty, plus it was boring and Hillbilly Jim’s speech was too long.

Went on the second Jericho Cruise and it was fun. Neckbeards werent bad

Indy shows are fun.

Went to this past weekend Impact tapings in Vegas and it was dope. Was funny watching Sami taking a blade out of his wrist and blade himself. Was kind of disgusting seeing Eric Young bleed a gusher. The funniest part was a guy, not a wrestling fan, was gushing over Gizlle Shaw at first. Then he kept asking why her voice was kind of deep. Over the match he realized she is trans and became disgusted at himself. :russ:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Taking my kid to GCW on my birthday next month, AEW on Thanksgiving Eve, and finally Smackdown in December

Even though he mainly keeps up with WWE and AEW, I turn him onto the indy shows as well to show the “levels” of attending a wrestling show

You’re more up close, hear the bumps louder, and feel more like you’re part of the show when you attend indy events. But it’s also exciting to witness a major tv or PPV arena gig in person.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
live entertainment is trash

it ain't crack until you cook it

after the studio magic post production then it's ready for the big screen ha

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
It’s worth it to go once.

I’ve been to Raw/Smackdown/PPV’s/ WM/ indie shyt.

It was mostly worth it.