Is going to a wrestling show live worth it?

Sway

Banned
Daps
Went to the May 16th taping of Raw, it was pretty fun.

Daps
If brock, Aj, orton, Reigns, Lashley isn't on the card then no.

Wwe don't have that many stars left as is.

It ain't like how it was 20 years ago where you would damn near guaranteed to see the stars perform live.:francis:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
It went to Raw on DX night last week at Barclays

It was lit...NYC is a smark town and it was the RAW after a PPV so the crowd was live AF

To tell you the truth, I been down in front amongst the AEW, NJPW, and WWE crowds and this past RAW was the only time I had been "neckbearded" so to speak.

3 out of the 4 of us got there on time and when we got to the section, they seated everyone wrong and when they finally figured out what who was sitting in our seats, it was these two FAT musty neckbeards and of course they were white and would not move.

The first usher was like "You gotta tell them to move". So we like "We don't gotta tell them shyt...that's YOUR job"

She like "Uh uh" in a sassy ass tone so we like nah we ain't even standing here and arguing with you

So we went to the other side to another usher...she was awesome and got us even better seats than we paid for, and we had some pretty decent seats to begin with.

All in all it was a good experience and that was the first time I had a real deal "neckbeard" situation

Even the AEW shows I been to, really down front is filled with a lot of TSC Smark Types where dudes are using lingo and chit chatting between matches on shyt that only smarks would be discussing (Punk, Omega, promos, etc.)

I live in Alabama, which is not necessarily smark country, it was mostly people with their families, I took my homegirl who ain’t even a wrestling fan but I ain’t really wanna go alone but she had a blast, she said it was different :pachaha:. But everybody was well behaved, some cac yelled out “Marry Me Sasha!” tho :lolbron:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Whenever they come through the Kentuckies, it’s usually lit.

(Mainly due to not having a live show here for years because of how strict the state boxing & wrestling commission was, but that’s not here nor there)

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Went to AEW grandslam in queens this year

It was pretty fun, honestly the crowd was mostly regular people. No neckbeards in my area at least :manny:

There was this one lady that just came with her man’s and she slept the whole time

Gonna try to go to raw or Smackdown soon

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I've never been to a Raw or Smackdown but I went to the 2017 Royal Rumble, the January 2017 NXT Takeover, a WWE house show in 2016, and a ECW house show way back in 2000. I had fun but going to a Raw or Smackdown might be draining since there are commercial breaks and stuff.

If you're a wrestling fan, I think you should make an effort to go to at least one television show, ppv, house show, and indy show in your life.:manny:

I might make another road trip to San Antonio in January for the Rumble.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Or is it better on TV?

I haven't been to a live taping since 08, but I heard in recent years there's a lot of standing around during commercial breaks and other weird nuisances that go on

Has anybody went to a show recently?

if you got good seats you're almost sure to enjoy yourself. me and the fam went to Dynamite in N.O. and Dynamite & Double or Nothing in Vegas this year, and they all had a good time despite not being into wrestling.

Last edited:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the TNA soundstage back in 2006 was the fukking worst, odor, it was a mix of Fried turkey legs, sweaty beards, pyro smoke, and sweaty wrestlers, that Soundstage was so compact, TV makes it look magic

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Went to SummerSlam 2022 and shyt was dope to see the sights and sounds

The Tribal Chief v Brock match was a thousand times mo lit

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wrestling feels like football to me where it's better at home but I'm sure it's still fun to be had. I was gonna go to some AEW events then the pandemic hit. I'm team #maskon and being surrounded by smelly neckbeards for hours doesn't seem appealing.