Is every main character in an RPG always a cocky white guy

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Playing this new Final Fantasy Brave.. Tablet game and Im thinking to myself. Man every rpg has this egotistical but a little damaged white kid/guy

Anyways...name some that aren't this

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Demographic mostly and fear of backlash from something that would look 'sjw'-ish. Gamers aren't very progressive, just look at the back lash at wolfienstien (if I spelled it correctly).

Yeah like most things. And it's usually the same people or likeminded people making these games.

What is wokdiebstien??

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Tales of beseria's protagonist is a woman who isnt cocky

Nier automata has 3 protagonists, 2 of them women and 1 a guy and none are cocky really

The world ends with you has a protagonist that is an emo puzzy for most of the game

Final fantasy 6, and 13 (trilogy) feature female protagonists, and Final fantasy Tactics's protagonist isn't particularly cocky

Child of light's protagonist is a girl

Horizon zero dawn has a woman protagonist

Those are off the top of my head:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Yeah like most things. And it's usually the same people or likeminded people making these games.

What is wokdiebstien??
Wolfienstien 2 ( i spelled it wrong , I'm sorry ) came out this year. It was a game that revolved around defeating nazis. Some of the gamers in the community or members of the anti social justice warrior took offense to it because they know kind of identify politically with nazis now. It's why you didn't see a lot of video game play from it. It had some backlash to it. A lot of them view gamming as their safe place.

Oh and wolfienstien 2 isnt a good example of this because it's a fps, it's not an rpg.

Last edited:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
What rpgs is the Op playing?

Mobile game..... Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

And Ive played hella RPGs. All the Final Fantasies(except for a couple). All the old school RPGs. Just always has the lead character with the same type of personality.

Cocky white kid with daddy issues lol

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Mobile game..... Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

And Ive played hella RPGs. All the Final Fantasies(except for a couple). All the old school RPGs. Just always has the lead character with the same type of personality.

Cocky white kid with daddy issues lol

I see what youre getting at but you couldnt have played all the FFs if you think this

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i mainly play JRPG so i don't know too many white protagonists but Geralt from witcher 3 wasn't cocky.

one thing i don't get about RPGs is why games don't allow customized characters. this should've been the norm years ago. it shouldn't be hard to let players customize their character before the game starts.

Goombreh

Superstar
Daps
Shulk from Xenoblade isn't cocky at all. He's just a weapons engineer who wants to research the Monado. A lot of bullshyt happens and he ends up getting caught up in the war.