Is eating out cheaper than cooking at home every day in 2022?

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
It’s cheaper to cook everyday if you’re specifically aiming to save money. If you buy in bulk and eat boring / consistent meals, ie chicken and rice. But if you wanna chef up and make a great meal you’ll enjoy? It honestly isn’t that much cheaper.

You can also eat out consistently and have it end up cheaper than cooking, but most likely it’s gonna be trash food which will be costly to your health in the long run. There’s a reason you can get a Wendy’s 4 for $4, because nutritionally it’s garbage food.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Hell no… I keep hearing people say this and it’s dumb as fukk. Food prices have indeed gone up but a Nugget meal from Chik Fila A is $11 now, I can buy chicken breast, potatoes, and soda for a few meals for the same price.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
depends on what you cook and volume of how much you eat

pasta is a different case tho. you can even get ingredients at dollarama/dollar tree (if need be)

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
If you eat only what you cooked consistently, then yeah, chances are it's significantly cheaper per meal.

12-pack of Crossiants at Sam's Club - $6
Deli sliced turkey, 1 pound - $13
Bacon - $7 pack, but you can find the fully cooked bacon for $4.50
1/2 pound of cheese, deli sliced - $7
Toppings/Condiments - Let's assume $10 bucks, depending on tastes.
Large bag of chips - $4

$42-52 bucks spent, should make 12 sandwiches + handful of chips on the side = roughly $4 per meal, give or take some loose change.

That same meal at Jason's Deli is going to run you about $8-10 bucks.