Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all depends on your income/wealth and location

all of california is not a monolith

for example San Diego is a better place to live than any location in the south period if you got the bread. :yeshrug:

if you living inland tho? fukk all that, might as well be in the south.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
In any state we can be minding our business and be stopped and treated like a boy and or murdered with no consequences for the aggressor so it's all about where you want to live a second class lifestyle. I've lived in the South and Cali and ultimately I like Cali more because I'm laid back and not a functional retard.(I grew up in South I can talk shyt all I want:unimpressed:)

Ultimately I’ll be raising my family in Washington state 30 minutes to an hour outside of Seattle.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
all depends on your income/wealth and location

all of california is not a monolith

for example San Diego is a better place to live than any location in the south period if you got the bread. :yeshrug:

if you living inland tho? fukk all that, might as well be in the south.
For the record. I love California. If I had bread, I’d gladly live on the Westcoast. But in general, I mean…the south with all of its flaws.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
In any state we can be minding our business and be stopped and treated like a boy and or murdered with no consequences for the aggressor so it's all about where you want to live a second class lifestyle. I've lived in the South and Cali and ultimately I like Cali more because I'm laid back and not a functional retard.(I grew up in South I can talk shyt all I want:unimpressed:)

Ultimately I’ll be raising my family in Washington state 30 minutes to an hour outside of Seattle.
Do you have a degree? What field are you in? If you don’t mind me asking. :jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
can black folks even prosper in california considering how expensive it is to live there?!?:what: all the black folks got squeezed outta san fran, not many black folks in los angeles left... i mean whats the point if its so out of control financially you cannot live there...

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
If I had money (500k or more) I’d love to live in Cali

But if you regular 6 figures or below, the south is where it’s at if you tryna stack and meet other black ppl.
I’m of the same notion. If I was a millionaire I’d buy my dream crib in Baldwin Hills District Los Angeles ASAP! But for us black ppl who aren’t of that socioeconomic class…would California be a better option than a red southern state? :jbhmm:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
The "South" is not monolithic at all.

There's Southern states like Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, and Virginia that are more moderate and have more Blue cities/suburbs in them.

Even California isn't monolithic. Orange County is one of the biggest Republican strongholds in the country with tons of not only Whites but Asians, Hispanics, and Persians that are :mjpls: :mjpls: due to being conservative and not being used to being around Black people at all.

And rural/inland California has tons of rednecks that are as racist as their Southern/Midwestern counterparts. And there's minority communities dominated by Hispanics, Asians, and Middle Easterners that aren't very accepting of us.

Even the living standards vary. California has a very strong economy in the Bay Area but the Bay is also one of the most expensive parts of the country and hard to live in if you're not in tech. LA has Hollywood but actors are broke these days if they're not at least B list. My cousin moved to LA to become an actor more than a decade ago and he still hasn't "made it" outside some commercial spots and meeting celebs in person. He's still living with 5 roommates and has multiple "hustles" that have nothing to do with acting.

In the South, Virginia, NC, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas have pretty strong economies while the rest have average at best to poor economies. That said, the COL is much lower so you can get more of a bang for your buck even without a White collar job and buying a home is easier. It's still tough to thrive with such shytty wages and lack of job benefits though that's prevalent in many Southern states.

All in all, it really depends cause we're talking about 2 huge areas here.

Last edited: