Is breakfast really that important?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Breakfast is pretty important. Your mind might be able to block the hunger, but your body needs those resources after that long stretch of not getting any food.

You tend to be sharper with the food in your system, more alert and nowhere near as tired or need that coffee cup people run to to get their "kick".

I recently started drinking coffee because of my long shifts, but the people who tend to depend on it are those who don't have their schedules in order. LOL @ getting up in the morning, rushing out the door and all stressed out before you sit on your desk.
Where is ur proof of this

For me personally skipping breakfast makes me sharper and more alert. I dont drink coffee either. The extra 30-60 minutes or so of sleep are more than worth it. Plus a lot of breakfast food is high-GI shyte. U have a bowl of sugary ass cereal and u are hungry and groggy in an hour. Dont knock the no breakfast wave until u give it an honest look. And fix your sleep, u shouldnt need coffee to stay awake

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
No misogynist but women have been shown to be much more sensitive to fasting and low blood sugar. Kind of makes sense... 1 meal is probably a bigger piece of your daily intake.

Wifey pretty much only has 3 meals a day. Breakfast is light. A boiled egg and maybe a thing of yogurt. W/o that she cant function.

I wouldnt skip it if u need it but I think most dudes can go without it

Yeah I definitely am. But it depends. When my hormones act up I have zero appetite but I like to at least eat something, even if its just a piece of fruit.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Yes breakfast is important, more important than any other meal, because youre going to burn those cals up over the day, so you should get most your carbs in at that time imo. and eat a small early dinner and call it a night. Also people that dont eat breakfast often make poor decisions at lunch time, over eating, eating junk, etc...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yes breakfast is important, more important than any other meal, because youre going to burn those cals up over the day, so you should get most your carbs in at that time imo. and eat a small early dinner and call it a night. Also people that dont eat breakfast often make poor decisions at lunch time, over eating, eating junk, etc...
:dwillhuh:

Typically your body doesn't even burn through carbs enough during the day without exercise to the point of needing to fuel with them at breakfast.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
:dwillhuh:

Typically your body doesn't even burn through carbs enough during the day without exercise to the point of needing to fuel with them at breakfast.

I didnt understand your statement, but Eating 1st thing in the morning, you will burn more of those cals and retain muscle, instead of doing stuff throughout the day then eating, you probably burning muscle that way.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I didnt understand your statement, but Eating 1st thing in the morning, you will burn more of those cals and retain muscle, instead of doing stuff throughout the day then eating, you probably burning muscle that way.
That's generally not accurate unless you are working out in the morning and then not eating until well after.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's pretty important for me seeing as I'm a type 1 diabetic.

3 egg, low cal wrap topped with salsa. Every morning like clockwork.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
No this is all wrong

Takes way more than a couple of hours to enter catabolysis. There are people who cut on an eat-stop-eat diet (i.e. only eating every other day). Cavemen didnt have the luxury of breakfast but still had to retain muscle to survive. Breakfast is not a critical meal, no meal is. Body doesnt care when it gets calories as long as its getting enough

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
No this is all wrong

Takes way more than a couple of hours to enter catabolysis. There are people who cut on an eat-stop-eat diet (i.e. only eating every other day). Cavemen didnt have the luxury of breakfast but still had to retain muscle to survive. Breakfast is not a critical meal, no meal is. Body doesnt care when it gets calories as long as its getting enough
ok, but my personal experience was when I didnt eat breakfast, or ate very little, I got fat (I still worked out) and didnt see the results I wanted, trainer told me eat a bigger breakfast, I listened and my gains were as desired. :manny: maybe its just me then

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Do you guys who don't eat breakfast also work fulltime jobs?

No diss but I'd be hungry if I don't eat breakfast, and if I have to deal with some of these fukkboys at work on an empty stomach I'd go out like Chappelle on some when keeping it real goes wrong shyt.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Do you guys who don't eat breakfast also work fulltime jobs?

No diss but I'd be hungry if I don't eat breakfast, and if I have to deal with some of these fukkboys at work on an empty stomach I'd go out like Chappelle on some when keeping it real goes wrong shyt.
Did it today :manny:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:leon:

And you're not losing weight?

I might try on the strength of this thread but if I get fired I'm coming to collect :wtb:

Not sure what you mean.

I usually lift in the morning and have a small breakfast afterwards. On days I don't train I won't eat until at least lunch.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Not sure what you mean.

I usually lift in the morning and have a small breakfast afterwards. On days I don't train I won't eat until at least lunch.

Aha I thought you skipped breakfast altogether all the time, so you just workout first?

When you skip breakfast what does your lunch look like?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Aha I thought you skipped breakfast altogether all the time, so you just workout first?

When you skip breakfast what does your lunch look like?

Depends

If I'm at work its nothing crazy protein and veggies, not a big meal. Today I had a scramble with three eggs, additional egg whites, ground chicken and assorted veggies and some almonds.

On the weekend it's usually similar except t might be a large meal and I only eat a small snack during "dinner".