Is breakfast really that important?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
During the week I almost never eat breakfast. I wake up around 7am and have to be at work by 8am, so that doesn't really leave too much time for it and to be honest I just don't have much of an appetite in the morning...I'd rather sleep an extra 20 mins. I'll have a couple cups of coffee at work to hold me over till lunch. Saturday/Sunday I wake up late and might have some leftovers from whatever I had for dinner.

My eating pattern is usually

-No breakfast
-Small lunch
-Hulk smash the fridge from the time I get home from will until I go to bed

Would you consider this a bad thing? People always say breakfast is important but I figure there no reason to eat when you have no appetite. Thus far I've had no real weight problems (5'9 ~ 155 since high school) but my blood pressure tends to be a little high (genetics probably). I really don't hit the gym much though...too tired after work to be honest. Every blue moon I'll go on the weekend.

What does the coli think? Do you consistently eat breakfast? And if so, is it a big breakfast or just something small?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It's personal preference.

When I workout in the morning (usually 6AM) I eat afterwards. Not a lot, scoop of protein a few eggs, bacon or sausage if it's around. Otherwise I skip breakfast and have bigger lunch and dinners. Considering you don't work out I don't really think it's an issue.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I stopped having breakfast regularly for the same reason. I like to get up and go. I work out around noon or later and just have an early lunch. Only time I have breakfast is if I'm gonna be doing shyt like driving all day or moving... even then I might just hit a 5 hour energy and keep it pushing.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Intermittent fasting has a supposed myriad of health benefits. I don't know what the science is, but people swear by it.

And skipping breakfast is basically IF. even the name breakfast implies - "break fast".

I've been skipping it a lot lately, trying to lose weight. I'm 5'10" 167 pounds, looking to lose another five pounds or so (thin is in?) and skipping breakfast is the easiest way to slash your daily calorie intake if you do it right.

Plus once you get past the initial stomach pains/ food cravings I do feel better able to focus and get stuff done. I think digesting a big meal in the morning can tax the body more than people realize.

So the short answer to your question is no I don't believe breakfast is that important and not eating it you may be doing yourself a favor.

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
If I don't eat breakfast, I try to have a protein shake or scoop of peanut butter.
I know people that don't need breakfast; I personally feel like I'm doing my body dirty by not giving it some type of substance within an hour of waking up.
Best advice I've gotten is to listen to your body. What works for others, may not work for you. Your body and mind will let you know how important breakfast is.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really depends on how you feel and your workout pattern or whatever. On the days I run, I'm up at 4am so it's just not feasible to wait until lunch to eat. If I sleep in until 7 am I may only eat a piece of fruit and/or a cup of coffee.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I can't function without breakfast. I'll be grumpy until food is in my belly.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Breakfast to me is important to get something in your system to start the day, unless I am going for a really early workout. Then my breakfast would be after my workout. But honestly it depends on you and what you like to eat. Some people need to have breakfast to function, while others can manage without it.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yes. There simply is no way around it, breakfast is an important meal of the day. Only fitness dudes will tell you it's not, ask a doctor about it and he'll :mjlol: at the notion of skipping breakfast.

WITH THAT SAID, if you're looking to CUT then it is a proven tactic to lose fat for SOME. Do whatever works for you in a cut I guess.

Breakfast though, yes it's important.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yes. There simply is no way around it, breakfast is an important meal of the day. Only fitness dudes will tell you it's not, ask a doctor about it and he'll :mjlol: at the notion of skipping breakfast.

WITH THAT SAID, if you're looking to CUT then it is a proven tactic to lose fat for SOME. Do whatever works for you in a cut I guess.

Breakfast though, yes it's important.
I was just about to say I was impressed with the responses of it being on the individual but here we go.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Breakfast is pretty important. Your mind might be able to block the hunger, but your body needs those resources after that long stretch of not getting any food.

You tend to be sharper with the food in your system, more alert and nowhere near as tired or need that coffee cup people run to to get their "kick".

I recently started drinking coffee because of my long shifts, but the people who tend to depend on it are those who don't have their schedules in order. LOL @ getting up in the morning, rushing out the door and all stressed out before you sit on your desk.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
During the week I almost never eat breakfast. I wake up around 7am and have to be at work by 8am, so that doesn't really leave too much time for it and to be honest I just don't have much of an appetite in the morning...I'd rather sleep an extra 20 mins. I'll have a couple cups of coffee at work to hold me over till lunch. Saturday/Sunday I wake up late and might have some leftovers from whatever I had for dinner.

My eating pattern is usually

-No breakfast
-Small lunch
-Hulk smash the fridge from the time I get home from will until I go to bed

Would you consider this a bad thing? People always say breakfast is important but I figure there no reason to eat when you have no appetite. Thus far I've had no real weight problems (5'9 ~ 155 since high school) but my blood pressure tends to be a little high (genetics probably). I really don't hit the gym much though...too tired after work to be honest. Every blue moon I'll go on the weekend.

What does the coli think? Do you consistently eat breakfast? And if so, is it a big breakfast or just something small?

Yea,I lift in the mornings so it gives me a boost,maybe it's a mental thing

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I need breakfast. I don't need a heavy breakfast. But I need a meal or snack when I wake up.
No misogynist but women have been shown to be much more sensitive to fasting and low blood sugar. Kind of makes sense... 1 meal is probably a bigger piece of your daily intake.

Wifey pretty much only has 3 meals a day. Breakfast is light. A boiled egg and maybe a thing of yogurt. W/o that she cant function.

I wouldnt skip it if u need it but I think most dudes can go without it