Is Bram Stoker's Dracula a classic?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Reeves is a major weak link in the film but honestly...I love the film, flaws and all. The music, the aesthetic, the direction...and I love how much of the novel it's faithful.

It's a horror film but it's also an adventure film, weirdly. I love how it feels like you're going on a journey with the characters on an impossible quest. Love the squad that goes out to hunt Dracula...it's a dope cast. Anthony Hopkins is great and campy in the film.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Masterpiece!!! :banderas: :banderas: My favorite movie of all time. Sadly, i know the words and all of Dracula’s movements. Gary Oldman is my favorite actor

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
classic shyt to me

tumblr_myah5eJcb31rp0vkjo1_500.gif

tumblr_nfceylXHT41rp0vkjo1_500.gif

164f1c2e1aa20ff1912ed90080a3779c.gif

pNYFqu.gif
Take this rep, my man! You’ve got great taste :salute:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
silly movie with over the top performances by two great actors (Hopkins and Oldman), and wooden performances by two terrible ones (Keanu and Wynona)
The beginning had some great visuals, but thats about it

The book is old AF, so its just a battle of good vs evil
The ppl in the book are either good or evil, no gray area. So they were kind of boring

I get that they were trying to make them more nuanced in the movie. But boy, they made van Helsing a drunk rude moron,and that love story between Dracula and Mia :what:

Dracula was evil, thats it. No if's, no buts, no coconuts. Idk why they keep trying to make him likable

I would love to se a remake, a proper one, I tried to watch that 2020 one :mjlol:
When dude came out of that wolf and was flashing those nuns :mjlol: i was out,
Ppl say it gets worse and worse. I might watch it drunk

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
silly movie with over the top performances by two great actors (Hopkins and Oldman), and wooden performances by two terrible ones (Keanu and Wynona)
The beginning had some great visuals, but thats about it

The book is old AF, so its just a battle of good vs evil
The ppl in the book are either good or evil, no gray area. So they were kind of boring

I get that they were trying to make them more nuanced in the movie. But boy, they made van Helsing a drunk rude moron,and that love story between Dracula and Mia :what:

Dracula was evil, thats it. No if's, no buts, no coconuts. Idk why they keep trying to make him likable

I would love to se a remake, a proper one, I tried to watch that 2020 one :mjlol:
When dude came out of that wolf and was flashing those nuns :mjlol: i was out,
Ppl say it gets worse and worse. I might watch it drunk
Dracula was portrayed as a non speaking killer in last voyage of the demeter