Is Beatrix Kiddo the greatest heroine in movie history?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset

man theres no way that stone wasnt perforated.. if he laid it down the right way on the cinderblock he couldve jumped on it without breaking it

fake af

i researched this shyt for 15 mins after watching it

no way

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's heroic about her? She was a bad person seeking out revenge on other bad people :russ:

All of Tarantino movies are typically about bad people killing other bad people. The only exception is Django who was intentionally created to be a heroic figure

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What's heroic about her? She was a bad person seeking out revenge on other bad people :russ:

All of Tarantino movies are typically about bad people killing other bad people. The only exception is Django who was intentionally created to be a heroic figure
the entire story is her hero's journey.

she 'was' bad but every one of the deadly viper asassin gang were wayward and recruited by Bill...she is no different. And when betrayed, she put in the work to improve from scratch and had the classic hero's journey. She saved her daughter; there is nothing in literature more heroic than saving your child from a villian.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m leaning towards Sarah Connor, dark fate sucks but the story arc and growth you see from terminator 1 to terminator 2 is only really matched by Ripley but Beatrix is definitely in the convo same with Coffey
If we're only counting T1/T2, Sarah Connor's transformation/arc is GOAT

She went from regular white bytch to the equivalent of insane junkie screaming gibberish in the street but everything she was saying was true :wow:

You're dead already
:wow::wow::wow:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm going with Laurie Strode, in particular Jamie Lee Curtis. She is THE Final Girl. She was just a teenager that babysits and went up against the embodiment of evil in a man's body. It doesn't matter what timeline shes in or who plays her, the character captures survival for herself and the people she loves. The Halloween films are at their best when she is the character he goes up against. I can see the Sarah Conner influence in the character in the 2018 series but Laurie Strode has influenced most female heroes in cinema since 1978.

We'll find out how her story ends October 14th

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
If Tarantio wasn't such a racist and focused on the absurdity of a white woman outfighting the samurai in their own area of expertise when it made no sense then O-Ren Ishii, Lucy Liu's character would be a better story and possible heroine.

Because she saw her parents get slaughtered and took revenge.

In general though Sarah Conner is much better than Beatrix since she was basically the blueprint for all other heroines after her.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If Tarantio wasn't such a racist and focused on the absurdity of a white woman outfighting the samurai in their own area of expertise when it made no sense then O-Ren Ishii, Lucy Liu's character would be a better story and possible heroine.

ya know

i can't even begin to argue that. Because her rise to power was absolutely amazing and was maybe the best act of the entire movie. Thoughtful reply

parallax

Superstar
Daps
She's not a heroine

the realest post in this thread.

shes killed countless people at the behest of a man she loved. then when she got pregnant with his seed, she just bounced at didnt even tell him. i enjoy her story as a revenge flick, but shes no herione. the one person i have any sympathy for in the entire series is bud. dude was clealy not about that life even with the skills and went out like a chump even though he was the only one to stop bea

In general though Sarah Conner is much better than Beatrix since she was basically the blueprint for all other heroines after her.

seeing sarah grow from a girl who struggles to bus tables to outrunning a damn semi is my favorite character evolution between heroines. its just sad that all the great heriones have to lose everything in the end. since theyre doing timelines now, i wish they do one where kyle suvives in the end

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
She’s not a heroine but another female character with amazing growth over a franchise is Adrien from Rocky. She started out as a frail barely audibly whispering girl in the 1st movie and kept getting stronger and louder throughout. It wasn’t forced or anything just consistent logical believable growth.