Is 5Linx a pyramid scam?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
This reminds of this door to door job I was doing in the summer here in NYC. Basically I applied for this job from craigslist and I went in for an interview. They said it was for a marketing company and they hired me the next day. It was basically going door to door and asking people to sign up for eletric service. It sucked and it was all comission and I lost more money from just food and transportation costs than I made. They said it would be tax exempt, but it was bullshyt.

Turns out it's a part of a bigger multi-level marketing cult called CYDCOR which basically subcontracts business service for sales of their products. Basically it's a scam which preys on out of college grads looking for that first out of college job.

http://wolfram.org/scam/ds_max/index.html

What do you mean DOOR TO DOOR!?!
Months of just scraping by on the edge of poverty. Not being paid. Losing My Security! Going on a road trip for a company where I have to pay for the hotel room? Why is this person being paid cash daily? Why is my sister giving half of her money away to new employees -- shouldnât that be the responsibility of the company? Why does my friend live in squalor with 10 people that he works with? Why did Bob turn away from his family when they tried to talk some sense into him? You are going to move across the country with a company and they wonât foot ANY of the relocation costs?
What kind of outfit is this? How can it be so big? Iâve never heard of it before!

Sound familiar?

Many people who come to this site and do not know what Ds-Max is. Maybe you saw a job posting and you're doing research. Maybe you went for a day of observation, got spooked out and left. Perhaps you have a friend or family member who is captured by the business and you are now concerned. Or maybe you just spent a little bit of time with the company and quit -- and now want to know more.

I can answer any questions you would like and even talk about my horrible experiences with this company I worked for.

In fact, I was about to make a "big thread of well-known scams" thread just to let people know what's up...because the new scam hustle is all about trying to get desperate people out of work for jobs that either don't pay or want money from people in promise of a job and just get scammed.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This reminds of this door to door job I was doing in the summer here in NYC. Basically I applied for this job from craigslist and I went in for an interview. They said it was for a marketing company and they hired me the next day. It was basically going door to door and asking people to sign up for eletric service. It sucked and it was all comission and I lost more money from just food and transportation costs than I made. They said it would be tax exempt, but it was bullshyt.

Turns out it's a part of a bigger multi-level marketing cult called CYDCOR which basically subcontracts business service for sales of their products. Basically it's a scam which preys on out of college grads looking for that first out of college job.

I can answer any questions you would like and even talk about my horrible experiences with this company I worked for.

In fact, I was about to make a "big thread of well-known scams" thread just to let people know what's up...because the new scam hustle is all about trying to get desperate people out of work for jobs that either don't pay or want money from people in promise of a job and just get scammed.

i despise them cocksuckers. dudes use come knocking on my door and questioning me like they the police about who pays the light bills. sometimes they use to play slick trying to tell you they're from coned and they want to reduce the light bill.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Yeah they got a young nikka right of high school back in 2010 with me. Actually they didnt even get me. A good friend of mine at the time had mad bread (his moms was like the ambassador to some country) and idk what his pops did but he had bread. He said his moms had like some secretary job at her office for him that payed like $17 an hour or some shyt but he aint wanna do it so im like nikka PUT ME ON. So he give me the number to call and I just walked right into that trap. My manager actually turned some ppl down during the interviews tho.

My manager was only a couple years older than me and was chill as hella bout the whole thing. It was nothing but ratchet bytches and hod-nikkas in there so the entire thing was :laff: nothing but comedy. I remember a nikka cutting himself with the spatula spreader :laff:. The funniest part was on one of the last days of the training when we had to pay the money, everybody collectively looking at this nikka like :ughh::comeon::manny::skip::mjpls::ld::damn: :stopitslime:. I got the money from my rich friend who initially put me on to it.

Yea I did like 3 presentations in one day sold $170 worth of stuff and was just like fukk it. They gave me a $40 check like a month later. A year after my freshman yr college they gave me another $40 check, I took dat shyt no questions asked...

I did Cutco back in 2010 for a week before I bounced. What a joke.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
unless ur real job allows you to work from home, then it's likely horseshyt. my co-worker just accepted a new job that's allowing him to work from home, but it's a legit company in xerox, and not some shyt u saw during the commercial break of judge mathis.

I'd say 85% of work at home job opportunities out there are scams.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Any business you have to pay to get into, is a scam.

I agree for the most part except I'd say it as ANY corporation you have to pay into is a scam. starting your own business as an entrepreneur of course is gonna require capital either from yourself or others tho.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I agree for the most part except I'd say it as ANY corporation you have to pay into is a scam. starting your own business as an entrepreneur of course is gonna require capital either from yourself or others tho.

:rudy: Nigro.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
So what if a start up company blew up and some that you knew, got rich? What will you say then?

If it's legit then it's legit.

There just seems to be some deception involving what 5linx sells and actually does that makes it suspect in my eyes. Plus anything just promotes a "get rich quick" mentality as supposed to working with some sort of business structure that actually has some room for realistic growth is sketchy to me.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If it's legit then it's legit.

There just seems to be some deception involving what 5linx sells and actually does that makes it suspect in my eyes. Plus anything just promotes a "get rich quick" mentality as supposed to working with some sort of business structure that actually has some room for realistic growth is sketchy to me.

You right, it is shady if it tell you to get rich quick. I know a kid from around my way that made mad money off of it and driving a BMW, on something else, not 5 Linx.

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
These scams are everywhere. I see it on my facebook page alot. I just delete the person. There are ways to make money on the internet but it involves you be dedicated to what you're trying to sell (doesn't have to be a product), it could be a blog for that matter. You can use google adsense for a blog just talking about the-coli. The ads you have on those websites can earn you some money if you drive real traffic to your blog or website. The quality of what you're trying to sell will determine whether or not that potential customer or follower will stay on your blog. Then they can look at the many ads and services you're trying to sell and may click on them. You can earn money, not alot off the ads but you can earn a decent living off it. I did something to similar back in College. I would find companies (they all over the internet...game, metro pcs, credit score companies..etc) and put there ads on my websites and I would get something off when they sign up for a trial run of these companies. Sometimes it was $950, $1,000....it was easier to drive traffic back then especially I was on a college campus and I would pass out business cards and flyers everywhere.