Is 2000 the only year thats universally praised in wwe history?

K.Y.R.I.E

All Star
Daps
I don't think I've ever seen anybody have anything negative to say about 2000 which I don't have any argument with

Even a year like 98 gets criticized for a weak lowercard or something

Maybe the only thing people have criticism about is them making rikishi the driver that ran over austin.. that I've seen a couple times

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
The only knock on that year is WM2000. Other than that, it was the best year beginning to end.

:rip: Chris Kreski - one of wrestling’s unsung heroes

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Not much happened & I guess WCW was so bad at that point that even without Austin for most of the year it was still a good year for WWE

• Dap
Reactions: 907

K.Y.R.I.E

All Star
Daps
The only knock on that year is WM2000. Other than that, it was the best year beginning to end.

:rip: Chris Kreski - one of wrestling’s unsung heroes
I heard that kreski is pretty much overrated and would just sit and not say much during creative meetings.. that's what Pritchard said

Also Gewirtz takes credit for being head writer after Russo left.

I don't know if any of that is true though. They could just be gatekeeping cause kreski was an outsider to the wrestling business

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I heard that kreski is pretty much overrated and would just sit and not say much during creative meetings.. that's what Pritchard said

I don't know if any of that is true though. They could just be gatekeeping cause kreski was an outsider to the wrestling business
Just a weird coincidence he was the head writer during their best year but who knows :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd say 1997, 2000, 2002, 2012-2013.

And how about 2022 and 2023? haven't the periods without Vince in the last couple of years received universal praise too?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
what? Punk's heel run, the rise of The Shield, the Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, were having weekly matches and segments that made RAW and SD highly watchable with the least amount of bytching WWE had in almost a decade. It wasn't until after Summerslam 2013 that the praise started to fade, mainly because Punk stopped giving a fukk and people were pissed at the booking of D-Bry. But that 12-18 month stretch was highly praised in real time :manny:

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps

Pritchard is somebody I would take with a grain of salt because he likes to shyt talk
And is a Vince ass kisser

But gewirtz and a dude named Tommy blancha were responsible for a lot of the 2000 year mostly the Russo esque shyt tho:scust:

Kreski was the one that layed out matches and scripts and put together the tlc match