iOS 12 is rolling out at 1pm ET today my Apple brehs

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Anyone upgrading with anything older than an iPhone 9 is playing themselves.

I have a ten and I refuse to upgrade.

IOS 11 finally working well too..:smh:

Somehow I always wind up jumping to a new version eventually. There's usually one can't miss feature that makes me pull the trigger. It was cool going from iOS 9 to 10 but I regretted gong from iOS10 to iOS11. Like you said, they JUST got this shyt right.

For those of you reading this with older phones, make sure you definitely have a full encrypted backup (e.g. through iTunes) of your current phone before you go trying to grab the new update just in case you have to downgrade. I'd also grab the last iOS 11 update from ipsw.me just in case you have to reinstall iOS then upgrade to your latest iOS 11 backup.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Yep plus it was MUCH better in terms of battery life and responsiveness for me on my 7+.
That string of updates they made with iOS made every thing seem so boring and plain, and yeah whatever OS your phone comes with (in terms of the newest) is the one it’s the most optimized for. iOS 11 was horribly optimized for the 7

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That string of updates they made with iOS made every thing seem so boring and plain, and yeah whatever OS your phone comes with (in terms of the newest) is the one it’s the most optimized for. iOS 11 was horribly optimized for the 7

No doubt, especially on the last part. I hated almost everything about iOS 11 from day one. I actually was about to downgrade to 10 for good, but Apple basically forced people to stay on 11 (after hella complaints by a lot of users) by shutting the old 10.3 (or .4) servers down early.

They definitely took a few steps backwards over the years. I really wish there was some disruptor to the game that would force innovation on all cell phone OSes

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted this app so I had to update my 6+ to ios 11 and shockingly it didn’t slow my phone down at all. :leon:It might have actually sped it up. :dahell:
Anyway, ios 12 doesn’t look like it has any major improvements so I’ll stick with ios 11 just to be on the safe side. :mjgrin:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Loving this shyt so far. My earpods finally fukking connect instantly. Camera opens fast as fukk now. Overall phone feels quicker
That sounds like the consensus on what they wanted to accomplish with this upgrade instead of some new bells and whistles upgrade. The iOS 11 was terrible at the start and they had to keep updating new shyt to knock out bugs. Seems like the 12 is about upgrading the performance aspect of the phones.