Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Damn, you right :ohhh:

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Easily.
Everyone in the Boys is a parody of a human being. Homelander is insufferable because he's completely immature, he's probably only relatable to edgy white kids.
Omni-man is doing what he's doing because A) He was raised to and more importantly B) Even if he wanted to stop, there is an empire out there he has to be held accountable to.
He makes a better villian because despite his status as the most powerful on the planet, he is limited. Despite being the Sword of Damocles over humanity he also has one above himself.

The Boys is way too edgy and not mature at all. I can't stand it tbh. Likeable characters are rare. Maybe starlight, that's it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Hell nah.

The Boys reflects how superheroes would show up in our particular American pop culture landscape. They aren’t inherently better and are still messed up.

Invincible is just a well done story using the tropes of standard comic/fantasy storytelling. The reason I knew what OmniMan’s backstory was because it tracked pretty closely to Goku and Vegeta(which shares a lot with Superman)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hell nah.

The Boys reflects how superheroes would show up in our particular American pop culture landscape. They aren’t inherently better and are still messed up.

Invincible is just a well done story using the tropes of standard comic/fantasy storytelling. The reason I knew what OmniMan’s backstory was because it tracked pretty closely to Goku and Vegeta(which shares a lot with Superman)
Does it really though?

Because they spend more time trying to develop trash ass storylines that go nowhere or end with some sob story for a character no one ever gave a fukk about to begin with :gucci: spent half a season on Frenchie's bum ass and Fishguy's drain circling

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Does it really though?

Because they spend more time trying to develop trash ass storylines that go nowhere or end with some sob story for a character no one ever gave a fukk about to begin with :gucci: spent half a season on Frenchie's bum ass and Fishguy's drain circling
Compared to Mark’s and his girlfriend’s lame post modern Lois and Clark routine?

I figured you were a superhero weeks ago and still got mad at you for leaving me and breaking your word!!!

:stopitslime:

Also let’s get back together even though none of what I was mad about was resolved!!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree...the irony is even tho ‘invincible’ is a cartoon, ‘the boys’ (albeit still a very great show) sometimes come off a bit too jokey at times and the violence cartoonish...but it makes sense tho given it’s a live action series plus the nature of the source material...the show would definitely be too grim if it took itself too seriously imo

‘invincible’ to me is the classic coming of age superhero story (spider-man, static shock) and that adds a realistic/human component to it that worked great for the comic series and has translated very well into the show...it’s just a better overall story being told imo