Intermittent Fasting is by far most overrated fad in the fitness community right now

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take one person who eats 500 calories below maintenace eating regulary, and another person who eats 500 calories below maintenance but implements intermittent fasting, all other things being equal in regards to fitness and training, they both will lose fat at the SAME EXACT RATE.

The notion that somehow fasting will burn more fat while ingesting the same amount of calories daily/weekly is a insult to thermogenesis and mathematics.

Calories In vs. Calories Out

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Even most intermittent fasting advocates have acknowledged this but they still hold onto another notion that is complete bullshyt.

They will tell you that IF allows you to eat bigger meals while eating the same amount of calories therefore filling you up during your feeding window. This is compared to eating small meals throughout the day and never getting that satiated feeling.

AND THIS IS TRUE

But guess what? YOU DON'T NEED TO DO INTERMITTENT FASTING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

If you want to eat bigger meals, you can do this WITHOUT IF. For instance, I don't eat small meals. I eat 3 big meals daily. 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, and one post workout. Sometimes I eat a small breakfast, big lunch, medium post workout. Or sometimes I eat a big breakfast, small lunch, big postworkout meal and a snack. You get the point...

The point is....EAT WHEN THE fukk YOU WANT TO EAT. As long as you're hitting your caloric goals then you are good. Quit over complicating things with these stupid fad diets and eating protocols.

I know that simply counting calories to achieve a caloric deficit, and eating food that is nutrient dense with high satiety doesn't sound as flashy as intermittent fasting, but this is the de-facto way to lose weight. If you want a better way to lose weight than this, go hop on 4ui's of HGH + Test with a dose of clen thrown in. And don't forget about letrozole for when you grow bytch t*ts, and a good PCT for when your balls shrink. IF isn't the answer.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Take one person who eats 500 calories below maintenace eating regulary, and another person who eats 500 calories below maintenance but implements intermittent fasting, all other things being equal in regards to fitness and training, they both will lose fat at the SAME EXACT RATE.

The notion that somehow fasting will burn more fat while ingesting the same amount of calories daily/weekly is a insult to thermogenesis and mathematics.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Even most intermittent fasting advocates have acknowledged this but they still hold onto another notion that is complete bullshyt.

They will tell you that IF allows you to eat bigger meals while eating the same amount of calories therefore filling you up during your feeding window. This is compared to eating small meals throughout the day and never getting that satiated feeling.

AND THIS IS TRUE

But guess what? YOU DON'T NEED TO DO INTERMITTENT FASTING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

If you want to eat bigger meals, you can do this WITHOUT IF. For instance, I don't eat small meals. I eat 3 big meals daily. 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, and one post workout. Sometimes I eat a small breakfast, big lunch, medium post workout. Or sometimes I eat a big breakfast, small lunch, big postworkout meal and a snack. You get the point...

The point is....EAT WHEN THE fukk YOU WANT TO EAT. As long as you're hitting your caloric goals then you are good. Quit over complicating things with these stupid fad diets and eating protocols.

I know that simply counting calories to achieve a caloric deficit, and eating food that is nutrient dense with high satiety doesn't sound as flashy as intermittent fasting, but this is the de-facto way to lose weight. If you want a better way to lose weight than this, go hop on 4ui's of HGH + Test with a dose of clen thrown in. And don't forget about letrozole for when you grow bytch t*ts, and a good PCT for when your balls shrink. IF isn't the answer.

You forgot two important factors...working out on an empty stomach, and going to sleep on an empty stomach. fukking come at me.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You forgot two important factors...working out on an empty stomach, and going to sleep on an empty stomach. fukking come at me.

What does working out on an empty stomach and going to sleep on an empty stomach have to do with anything? That does not change how and why your body burns fat for fuel.

Thermogenesis, calories in vs. calories out.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Meh. I do Intermittent Fasting cause I can easily go under my calories for fat loss. I ain't trying to eat that much during my window anyway. A couple meals between 6-7PM and 11, and I'm good money.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh. I do Intermittent Fasting cause I can easily go under my calories for fat loss. I ain't trying to eat that much during my window anyway. A couple meals between 6-7PM and 11, and I'm good money.

As long as you recognize that the calorie deficit is fueling your fat loss and not IF that's giving you some kind of made up metabolic advantage, then eat however/whenever you want to bruh.

:smugbiden:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
all of this calorie business is the main reason why im have hella bodyfat

:manny: shyt is too much to follow

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all of this calorie business is the main reason why im have hella bodyfat

:manny: shyt is too much to follow

With a scale, myfitnesspal, and common fukking sense, counting calories takes about 3 minutes total to do every day and will make dieting INCREDIBLY more simple than you will ever imagine. Plus if you do it right, you can fit junk food and what's considered off limit "dirty" foods in your diet EVERY DAY.

I eat a small portion of cookies, ice cream, etc. almost every day and have lost more than 60 pounds this year (27% to around 13%).

:lolbron:

Counting calories will open up your dieting life.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
With a scale, myfitnesspal, and common fukking sense, counting calories takes about 3 minutes total to do every day and will make dieting INCREDIBLY more simple than you will ever imagine. Plus if you do it right, you can fit junk food and what's considered off limit "dirty" foods in your diet EVERY DAY.

I eat a small portion of cookies, ice cream, etc. almost every day and have lost more than 60 pounds this year (27% to around 13%).

:lolbron:

Counting calories will open up your dieting life.

:shaq2: easier said then done breh

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against the culture.

Weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing (novel, I know). Everything you stated applies to weight loss, and couldn't be argued had you have said that instead of "fat."

Dieting puts everything at risk of loss. The best IF programs that focus on body composition play on catecholamines levels and nutrient partitioning, creating an optimal environment for fat loss and muscle preservation. Eating throughout the day can hamper how the body utilizes fat as fuel, which in turn affects how much muscle is spared. The long hours of fasting actually means something. Eating the lion's share of your daily calories after a workout actually means something. There's also the mental benefits of fasting.

It's not an end all be all. Everyone is wired differently, and will therefore respond to diets different. Some people feel dead while fasting, others get an energy boost. People still get shredded eating throughout the day, as they do with IF. Clearly, the ease and thoughtlessness of IF is sweeping the the community. So what if somebody less informed is spouting some ridiculous claims of IF. Judge the person, not the protocol. The shyt can do wonders, I'd know :jawalrus:

No wonder :shaq2: Damn near any diet with a deficit is gong to work when you're that heavy bruh. You only only have to clamp down in the 10-15% range.

Either way, :salute: the effort.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree but I think CROSSFIT is. I hate going to PT in the morning CROSSFIT this CROSSFIT that. I used to like crossfit until everyone and there mother started doing it not bothering to learn proper form only doing the same WODs leaving out a whole crop of shyt.

A Soldier needs to be able to run, lift, engage a target, and maneuver to cover. I don't care if they can do 1 MUSCLE UP.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
As long as you recognize that the calorie deficit is fueling your fat loss and not IF that's giving you some kind of made up metabolic advantage, then eat however/whenever you want to bruh.

:smugbiden:
Thats a given brae

IF just makes it easier to stay within a caloric window

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing (novel, I know). Everything you stated applies to weight loss, and couldn't be argued had you have said that instead of "fat."

Dieting puts everything at risk of loss. The best IF programs that focus on body composition play on catecholamines levels and nutrient partitioning, creating an optimal environment for fat loss and muscle preservation. Eating throughout the day can hamper how the body utilizes fat as fuel, which in turn affects how much muscle is spared. The long hours of fasting actually means something. Eating the lion's share of your daily calories after a workout actually means something. There's also the mental benefits of fasting.

Wait so you're saying that eating throughout the day will hamper how your body utilizes fat for fuel? Even if you are eating at a caloric deficit? :comeon:, you will not be able to find ONE study that supports anything you just said. NOT ONE. Why? Because every thing you just said is pure bro science. Meal frequency and timing does not matter. Eating 6 meals per day doesn't provide any metabolic advantage over eating twice a day and vice versa. If your energy balance is the same at the end of the day, the results will be the same no matter what, so eat whenever is convenient for you. IF is not magic and does not supercede calorie balance.

No wonder :shaq2: Damn near any diet with a deficit is gong to work when you're that heavy bruh. You only only have to clamp down in the 10-15% range.

Me and this guy are on the same diet pretty much. He gets down to 5% bodyfat without fasting, without cutting carbs, and without doing all the bro science shyt commonly advocated but not supported by any science whatsoever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7w7ksGhQgI"]Week 8 of Cutting - Ogus vs Jones - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HIjtHufvjA"]vvlog june 20 //IIFYM// video featuring, macronutrients, diet websites, sludge - YouTube[/ame]

Willstyles said:
easier said then done breh

What exactly is so hard about typing what you eat into your phone?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me break this down even more.

During a fast, you'll obviously burn more fat than if you were eating rather than fasting. So, during a 16 hour fast, you'll burn more fat than would be the case if you didn't fast.

But when you eat during your 8 hour window, you'll be back to where you would have been sans fast, assuming an isocaloric diet.

Now do you see the problem with the logic? It all balances out at the end of the day.

At the end of the 24-hour period, or as long as it would take to assimilate the nutrients, there would be no difference in the thermic effect of food. The total amount of energy expended by TEF would be identical in each scenario. Meal frequency does not affect total TEF. You cannot "trick" the body in to burning more or less calories by manipulating meal frequency

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I did that for awhile. I had to be consistent. My weight yo-yo'ed downward. On the day I fasted, it dropped a lot. The day after, it would go up. Then, the next days it would go down slowly.
I did get down to my target weight. It's not really a good "program" to maintain your weight over years.