Instagram Founders Quit... Facebook Presence Cited as Reason Why

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Can anyone break down the alleged pros of Instagram over FB, especially from the viewpoint of the younger generation? I use all of the SM platforms, at least occasionally and honestly, IG is the one I use and like the least.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Can anyone break down the alleged pros of Instagram over FB, especially from the viewpoint of the younger generation? I use all of the SM platforms, at least occasionally and honestly, IG is the one I use and like the least.
Their parents aren’t on it

IG is just sleek and conscise

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Facebook is a dinosaur compared to Instagram

Facebook at it's core is geared for personal accounts, Instagram has morphed into much more. For a lot of business/individuals, Instagram serves as their portfolio, a direct link for consumers. Creativity is embedded within Instagram's echo system, in terms of "networking" it's geared more for people interacting and finding pages/people that share their interests.

Facebook wasn't built like that. It initially was a way for old friends/classmates to stay in touch. Most of your Facebook friend's list is more than like made up of folks that you've known from school, work, or family. It's just how Facebook was conceived initially, they have implemented other things to help people branch out if they want to, but really it's the place where you know your people will be at.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Facebook is a dinosaur compared to Instagram

Facebook at it's core is geared for personal accounts, Instagram has morphed into much more. For a lot of business/individuals, Instagram serves as their portfolio, a direct link for consumers. Creativity is embedded within Instagram's echo system, in terms of "networking" it's geared more for people interacting and finding pages/people that share their interests.

Facebook wasn't built like that. It initially was a way for old friends/classmates to stay in touch. Most of your Facebook friend's list is more than like made up of folks that you've known from school, work, or family. It's just how Facebook was conceived initially, they have implemented other things to help people branch out if they want to,
but really it's the place where you know your people will be at.

So it can be all that, but for an online photo album sharing app at its core, like most of the others that have such capabilities, it can't actually zoom into the pics or just scroll thru each one w/o exiting out of one first tho? I reckon it's an intentional design flaw *ahem*...choice, but what purpose does that obtrusiveness serve it tho?

EDIT:

Also, for the unbolded. Is that really eveb a bane tho? Comparatively speaking.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So it can be all that, but for an online photo album sharing app at its core, like most of the others that have such capabilities, it can't actually zoom into the pics or just scroll thru each one w/o exiting out of one first tho? I reckon it's an intentional design flaw *ahem*...choice, but what purpose does that obtrusiveness serve it tho?
:dwillhuh:

I'm confused

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:dwillhuh:

I'm confused

If you go to someone's IG page, unless they put their photos in that lil burst stack mode or whatever (which from anyone's page, I see it's rarely ever done), you can see all their photos in a list view. You click on the photo, you see the individual photo. You want to see the photo after it, you have to press back and then select the next photo. Swiping forward or back doesn't get you to the next photo. Also, you see the photo with the comment section embedded underneath it, unmoveable and not able to be zoomed into the pic or just see the pic by itself, not on the phone anyway. Unless there's something I'm missing with that, which I've searched thru the settings. I don't see it as an option and is definitely set up that way by default, if there is an option.