Instagram Founders Quit... Facebook Presence Cited as Reason Why

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

Why Instagram’s founders are resigning: independence from Facebook weakened

Systrom and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg historically got along, but they had occasional diverging opinions. A source said that a few times a year they’d clash before resolving things. Those clashes included “Sharing back to Facebook. Kevin wanted to keep the sharing on Instagram but at some point Mark wanted content production on Instagram to flow to Facebook. But things got more heated lately. “Recently Mark decided to pull all of the links to Instagram from Facebook.”

The evidence of that standoff can be seen in Facebook, which last year confirmed it was adding a shortcut to Instagram to its bookmarks menu. That shortcut has since disappeared. This year, some Instagram users started getting both Facebook alerts inside their Instagram notifications tab, and seeing a Facebook button with red notification counts inside Instagram’s settings menu.
In a statement (and Instagram post), Systrom and Krieger wrote that “We’re planning on taking some time off to explore our curiosity and creativity again. Building new things requires that we step back, understand what inspires us and match that with what the world needs; that’s what we plan to do.” Zuckerberg gave his own statement to TechCrunch, stating “Kevin and Mike are extraordinary product leaders and Instagram reflects their combined creative talents. I’ve learned a lot working with them for the past six years and have really enjoyed it. I wish them all the best and I’m looking forward to seeing what they build next.”

It's been a good run. Now Facebook is about to 'Facebook' up Instagram even more... this could be the beginning of the end of Instagram as we know it brehs

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah. It's too big to fail. People are addicted to it, 1 billion users...people will bytch and complain about any changes...and go right back to spending hours a day on it. Just like they did with Facebook...
:coffee:
If they keep making IG more like Facebook, eventually they'll be faced with the current challenges that Facebook has... Instagram has the teenager audience on lock. Facebook is basically the old head of Social Media. It has a huge userbase, but it's an older demographic than IG.

It'll take competition and timing, but best believe if Instagram evolves into Facebook Jr, and a younger fresher platform emerges kids will check for it. None of this will happen overnight, but just keep an eye out

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
We really need a new type of social network to kill Facebook at this point. shyt spy service.
That's gonna be tough since so many websites use FB for login. People like convenience and they will give away some privacy in order to log into numerous websites smoothly with their FB.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's gonna be tough since so many websites use FB for login. People like convenience and they will give away some privacy in order to log into numerous websites smoothly with their FB.
Facebook isn't going anywhere.

Too much money, and they're always willing to invest in what's next. I'm watching what they do with their video platform. I think they'll eventually gain live streaming rights for one of these major sports and really disrupt things a bit

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Instagram isn't going anywhere. Facebook realized Instagram is gonna be their new ticket to staying relevant since young people are no longer active on the main FB app.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Instagram isn't going anywhere. Facebook realized Instagram is gonna be their new ticket to staying relevant since young people are no longer active on the main FB app.
That's why this is something to watch
:gucci:

Facebook doing what they been doing... lost the younger audience. They initially backed IG and just let them do what they wanted, and run IG how they saw fit. NOW that's about to change, because the guys who created Instagram just up and LEFT. Facebook's influence could negatively impact Instagram now that it's going to be Zuckerberg's vision taking the lead for how Instagram will be, instead of the dudes who actually made it.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
That's why this is something to watch
:gucci:

Facebook doing what they been doing... lost the younger audience. They initially backed IG and just let them do what they wanted, and run IG how they saw fit. NOW that's about to change, because the guys who created Instagram just up and LEFT. Facebook's influence could negatively impact Instagram now that it's going to be Zuckerberg's vision taking the lead for how Instagram will be, instead of the dudes who actually made it.

I understand all of this very well. At the end of the day, Instagram now is where YouTube is currently, too big to fail and there's too much money to be made for both advertisers and IG influencers alike and there's no real alternative platforms that can rival it.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
IG ain't going nowhere for a long time. shyt is like the perfect app. The moment they added the snapchat stories shyt a couple years back it was ova. You finally get to see/portray whatever you want people to see. I'm surprised it took this long to come out with.

Facebook been dead for peeps my age. Snapchat still okay but that's for like some hoe shyt. Twitter I don't really care what a lot of these nikkas really gotta say.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
IG ain't going nowhere for a long time. shyt is like the perfect app. The moment they added the snapchat stories shyt a couple years back it was ova. You finally get to see/portray whatever you want people to see. I'm surprised it took this long to come out with.

Facebook been dead for peeps my age. Snapchat still okay but that's for like some hoe shyt. Twitter I don't really care what a lot of these nikkas really gotta say.
IG is the most powerful tool, I'm just hittin' the :patrice: with this news cause from reading the article it appears that Zuckerberg will always want Facebook to have the "it" factor and I feel like he would be down to compromise what Instagram is all about to prop up his baby (Facebook) by any means necessary

:jbhmm: